[SOLVED] need help making decision

Ahmed badwey

Commendable
Feb 12, 2019
ok , so i have a 10 year old low end pc , i have an i5 750 cpu and nvidia gt240 , i play mostly competitive shooters so it's not that big of an issue , except i lget fps drops and i lag sometimes in Valorant ... so i was wondering if i upgrade my gpu to let's say GTX 1650 would that actually benefit my fps in this game or is the problem CPU too and the bottleneck is going to make my upgrade useless ? again im talking about only that game , tbh i don't care about other games , ty in advance :)

Solution
Really both your CPU and video card can use an upgrade if you want to run the game well. The recommended CPU is 3 generations newer and so is the recommended video card. Since you likely need to upgrade both, I would swap the video card first, 1650 Super at least though not a standard 1650, then see how it runs. If it's still bad then look at changing everything else.
Really both your CPU and video card can use an upgrade if you want to run the game well. The recommended CPU is 3 generations newer and so is the recommended video card. Since you likely need to upgrade both, I would swap the video card first, 1650 Super at least though not a standard 1650, then see how it runs. If it's still bad then look at changing everything else.

Solution