[SOLVED] Need help making my FPS and gaming better

Aug 13, 2020
Recently I’ve started building on to my own pc and I’m not gonna say I know much about anything but I’ve learnt some things and bought some things but I still continue too lag in games like fortnite call of duty and etc with FPS drops so here’s what I’ve put into it. 16gb of ram a ssd and a MSI geoforce gtx 1660 ti graphics card I’m starting to build it from a cyber power c series pre built and I was wondering if there’s anything with what I’ve already put into it to get my FPS to stop dropping and at least just run a smooth 60fps plus

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

We will need a little more information. Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU: include age of unit, apart from make and model
Chasiss:
Monitor+resolution:

Check and see which BIOS version you're currently on. You might also want to use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers. Download the latest drivers from Nvidia's support site and reinstall the driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Aug 13, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

We will need a little more information. Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU: include age of unit, apart from make and model
Chasiss:
Monitor+resolution:

Check and see which BIOS version you're currently on. You might also want to use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers. Download the latest drivers from Nvidia's support site and reinstall the driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

when I go to look at my BIOS In command prompt it comes up as P1.20 I don’t know if that’s good or not? And my specs currently are a AMD FX(Tm)-6300 six-core processor 3.50 ghz
My installed ram is 16gb
I’m running windows 10. My monitor is 1080p
My available graphics memory is 14327 it’s says my graphics bios info is version 90 . 16 .29 . 0.f2 Then again I don’t know much about pc i just wanna figure out how to get my FPS and games to run better

Your CPU is out of date for modern games, you need a full platform swap. Depending on your motherboard and power supply, the FX 8350 may be enough to upgrade your system to run faster, but even that CPU is not really good for modern stuff. Past that the extra RAM and newer video card should help you quite a bit, the biggest issue you are putting these new parts into an old system that can't keep up with the video card you used.

Aug 13, 2020
Your CPU is out of date for modern games, you need a full platform swap. Depending on your motherboard and power supply, the FX 8350 may be enough to upgrade your system to run faster, but even that CPU is not really good for modern stuff. Past that the extra RAM and newer video card should help you quite a bit, the biggest issue you are putting these new parts into an old system that can't keep up with the video card you used.

is there another cpu that is better then the FX 8350 that’ll work in my pc in the 300$ price range??

Solution
is there another cpu that is better then the FX 8350 that’ll work in my pc in the 300$ price range??

If you can spend 300 on swapping out the CPU then you can easily swap out the platform, which is really the best thing to do, look at the part in the other post. You should be able to sell your other parts and get some money back for the RAM and CPU/Motherboard. People still buy those FX 6300 CPUs if they are cheap enough, while not great for modern games someone using it for older games or just basic uses system can use it.