need help, memory esd?

terry0412x

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
So I moved my computer room to room, and a couple days later I would experience these weird crashes. The computer would stay on but there would be no display, no sound, and I believe the computer would make a noise like a reboot. I think what happened is my psu cable touched my memory stick, and that got esd. I had another stick in there, too, which explains functionality.

Then, I ran a windows memory diag. Computer did the same thing midway, and I went to sleep. Woke up with a headache and the computer on the same 'standby' mode. Now the computer won't turn on aside from getting power (no display, keyboard/mouse lights stay off). So I fried my processor and the temp. headache was inhaling fumes. See, when I awoke, my case fan wasn't running.

My gpu fan still funtions when I turn the computer on.

So my question is, what do I buy? A memory stick or two, and a processor? Am I correct or wrong? Thanks

terry0412x

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Thanks, I really appreciate the responses. Here is what it looks like , with the wire not touching a memory stick anymore

SORRY here's the link
here

I'm almost certain that it was the memory stick. I just hope that it wasn't the corsair psu I believe is 550w to be the issue. Computer built relatively new, maybe a year has passed. Not too worried if its my gpu, since I have a backup.

Have to take a bit of a wild guess, kinda had a cpu not working issue before so the bootup is almost definitely dueto cpu to my understanding. As for the initial problem, I certainly hope its just the memory.

So, in the photo, is that bare wire?