Question NEED HELP MOBO not receiving any power after reset cmos

Sep 23, 2020
Hello guys
So yesterday i decided to change some part my pc
I upgraded my ram to 16 gb from 8 gb
My cpu from 1500x to 3600x
And my psu from 550w to 750
After i install the hardware the pc wont boot to post, just turn on 30s and then restart again and again
I read some post and decided to follow cmos reset using remove battery step and nothing happen , then i tried using jumper on my mobo after leaving it on reset on 20 minutes i come back, and tried again the result is my pc dead
When i press power nothing happen... Just silent....
Notes : i plug away the power chord when i do the jumper relax...
What can i do ?
I already tried to boot it just using cpu and ram
But it still wont turn on

Does your RAM consist of two separate kits. This may be a mismatch so list their P/N
The cause of continual restarts is POST cycle attempting to recognise your DIMMs and if you have a mismatch it will fail each time till the issue is rectified.

You should list your full system specs.

Sep 23, 2020
Cpu : r5 3600x
Mobo : ab350 pro am4
Ram : 16 x 1 3200
Psu 750 watt gold
Gpu : 1080 ti
I put the ram in second slot and already tried to place it in every slot possible
But now even the mobo wont turn on at all?
Panic!! Ahaha

Cpu : r5 3600x
Mobo : ab350 pro am4
Ram : 16 x 1 3200
Psu 750 watt gold
Gpu : 1080 ti
I put the ram in second slot and already tried to place it in every slot possible
But now even the mobo wont turn on at all?
Panic!! Ahaha

is your bios updated to the latest version?

It may need to be flashed to the latest version to accept Ryzen Gen 3 series chips.

Do me a favor, ik its a hassle, but throw the 1500 back in and see if she boots up. If so, check your BIOS's manufacturers website and check if you have the latest BIOS installed.

If you dont, follow their directions for flashing your BIOS to the latest version, then try the 3600.

EDIT: Im reading online the mobo must be flashed to an earlier version than the latest version 1st, here is the thread regarding that http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=11773&title=how-to-update-ab350-pro4-bios-for-ryzen-3600

as far as the ram, put it in slot 2. Also, using 1 stick of ram in single channel mode will significantly lower the performance capabilities of the 3600. Ryzen loves FAST DUAL CHANNEL ram. And yours is not fast, nor dual channel.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2020
Hello guys
So yesterday i decided to change some part my pc
I upgraded my ram to 16 gb from 8 gb
My cpu from 1500x to 3600x
And my psu from 550w to 750
After i install the hardware the pc wont boot to post, just turn on 30s and then restart again and again
I read some post and decided to follow cmos reset using remove battery step and nothing happen , then i tried using jumper on my mobo after leaving it on reset on 20 minutes i come back, and tried again the result is my pc dead
When i press power nothing happen... Just silent....
Notes : i plug away the power chord when i do the jumper relax...
What can i do ?
I already tried to boot it just using cpu and ram
But it still wont turn on
As i stated earlier now my pc wont even power up after cmos reset
I tried earlier to change back to 1500 but it still wont boot up to post just turn on 30s and restart then i tried using then jumper, now mobo not receiving power anymore..

Is there any case after reset cmos and no power on like? I cant find any solution for that..

Unfortunately your MB has no flashback feature and Bios is updated when in Bios so you have a problem and you may have a bricked Bios. With Some CPUs the Bios needs updating prior to the new chip replacement.

Not 100% sure but does the MB installation disk come with a Bios to recover. If not then you may have to take it to a Computer technician to replace the Bios chip.