Question Need help !! My G.Skill RipJaw V can't get to run at 3200

Nutapong

Honorable
Apr 6, 2013
Here is my set up...

Ryzen 7 2700x
MSI x470 gaming plus
G.Skill RipJaw V 3200MHz

I bought my system about 4-5 months ago and my MSI x470 gaming plus has two X-AMP profiles for ram speed(profile 1 is 2933, profile 2 is 3200). When I first initially run my system for the first time(4-5 months ago) I was able to to set my X-AMP to profile 2 and run my ram speed at 3200 without a problem.

Until today when the problem just happened. I get into bios today just to check around and seen my ram speed only ran at 2133 even though my X-AMP profile 2 is still activated. So i tried to switch to profile 1 and save the setting and reboot the system and get into the bios again, it shown to run at 2933 without a problem. Then I tried to switch to profile 2 again to make them come back to the speed of 3200, after I save the setting and reboot the system just enter boot-loop states(it tried to boot but then shut off, repeat for about 5 times) and then it finally be able to boot up. Then I get into the bios to see if my ram will be running properly at the speed of 3200 or no, nope ! It shown that it's running at 2133 while my X-AMP profile 2 is still activate. I tried this multiple times and the result was always the same, I can't get it to run at 3200. I even tried to deactivate the X-AMP and do my own custom ram speed and voltage, still can't get it to run at 3200.

Right now I got no option but to run X-AMP profile 1 which has the speed of 2933.

I really need help to get my ram to be able to run at the speed of 3200 again. please help !!

Well first, I wouldn’t have paired ripjaws RAM with AMD. There are RAM modules made specifically for AMD that would have been much better for compatibility. I’m having trouble believing it ram at 3200 and then suddenly it’s at a different speed and you didn’t change it. The computer did boot loops because the settings were unstable. Your best chance of getting the RAM to run at 3200 is to set the timings manually and increase the voltage to 1.4v.

Nutapong

Honorable
Apr 6, 2013
Well first, I wouldn’t have paired ripjaws RAM with AMD. There are RAM modules made specifically for AMD that would have been much better for compatibility. I’m having trouble believing it ram at 3200 and then suddenly it’s at a different speed and you didn’t change it. The computer did boot loops because the settings were unstable. Your best chance of getting the RAM to run at 3200 is to set the timings manually and increase the voltage to 1.4v.

What made me curious is why it was working on X-AMP profile 2 at first but not anymore?

Nutapong

Honorable
Apr 6, 2013
I mean you set it at first but did you verify with any software that it actually ran at that speed or just assume it was because you set it that way?

I wasn't just assuming. At that time I was checking in the bios as well as in Ryzen Master and CPU-Z, all of them said that my ram was indeed running at 3200.

With X-AMP Profile 2 enabled, set DRAM Voltage to 1.40V to see if that can improve stability. You can also try manually setting SoC Voltage to see if that is the limiting factor. To do so, check the operating value at 2933 and 3066, then try a higher value for 3200.

To see if it may be a problem with one of the sticks, test each individually to see if X-AMP Profile 2 is stable. The results should give better insight to what may be going on.

Nutapong

Honorable
Apr 6, 2013
With X-AMP Profile 2 enabled, set DRAM Voltage to 1.40V to see if that can improve stability. You can also try manually setting SoC Voltage to see if that is the limiting factor. To do so, check the operating value at 2933 and 3066, then try a higher value for 3200.

To see if it may be a problem with one of the sticks, test each individually to see if X-AMP Profile 2 is stable. The results should give better insight to what may be going on.

Thanks for replying, I will try all these and let you know the results.

Nutapong

Honorable
Apr 6, 2013
I just tried everythings you said. It just wouldn't work. The ram just won't go into 3200 mode.

Does this covered by warranty of G- skill as the ram doesn't run by advertised speed?