[SOLVED] need help!! my gaming laptop is overheating badly!!! past few weeks!

Sep 15, 2019
My Gaming Laptop Is Overheating Very Badly From Past Few Weeks! My Laptop Model Is ASUS ROG GL503GE!
Spec:- i7 8750H (6-Cores and 8-Threads) @2.2Ghz (base spees)
Nvidia GTX 1050ti 4GB DDR5 Graphics
8GB DDR4 Single Channel Ram
120HZ TN Panel Display
1TB HDD and 256GB SSD(OS)

I Used To get 75-88c Before Gaming!!! And Now im getting 97c while playing any game!! even if the cpu usage is in 60%!! same with tthe GPU also!!
i tried undervolting to -145v using throttlestop and notworking!!! pls help me!!!! SHOULD I CHANGE THERMAL PASTE?? cauz my laptop is only 14months OLD!!!
its a new one!! i used to play games 3hrs and work 6hrs on it!!

PLS HELP/SUGGEST ME ANY THING!!!!!!!
thank you

Last edited:
Solution
Run Malwarebytes and CCleaner "Registry" both are free but You may have picked up a malware bug (whats new nowadays) and it is causing havoc. With Ccleaner it will clear up any broken data pathways caused by uinstalled software or up-dates to newer versions.

It is a longshot but worth a try....

Cheers

Bassplate

Reputable
Hi There sampath70 :benetton:
Well i have a few suggestions....
1.well first of all have you checked if your CPU fan is working and that it runs at full 100% max speed when you game or use the laptop.
2.You can apply new thermal past on the CPU if that could have been the problem or you can just check whats eating your CPU like that.
3.If you are gaming check at TASK MANAGER how many percentage(%) your components use and that they ARE NOT NEAR 100%.If indeed maybe your CPU or your MEMORY or DISK is near 100% i would suggest try ending some possess while gaming.
4.Or just let windows use full performance of your windows...at (view advance system settings---and adjust for best performance).
5.Use the ASUS software to monitor your system components and to change settings for the CPU usage and fan controll options.
Hope some of it helps

Reactions: sampath70
Sep 15, 2019
With 6 m/o laptop I would be headed to customer support first, they will get it right for the money you already paid for it.
Sry! I didn't mention :- my laptop 1 year old! But my motherboard was 6months old!! Cauz 6mo ago I gave my laptop for warrenty for my laptop getting fps drop! They changed the motherboard!! So my laptop is now out of warranty!!

my laptop is now out of warranty!!
Well, your options are narrower in this case...

1. check that all the cooling openings are unobscured when you use it, make sure that it has enough gap around them.
  2. if the issue is still there, try lowering the gpu performance so it does not throttle from heat instead
  3. If that did not help it and you are desperate, get it to a tech to open it and clean and get re-pasted. You might want to change the coolers as the labor to take it apart is paid anyway.
  4. The sad part is that it might not help or return to the tech after a little while as laptops are designed for mobility and casual gaming at the most, while continuous gaming is for stationary gaming rigs that can sustain months of continuous use without performance drop or maintanance.

Last edited:

henterpriser

Reputable
Sep 14, 2019
Hello.

first of all i have a question from you..
I Used To get 75-88c Before Gaming!!! And Now im getting 97c while playing any game!!
you're getting 75-88c while NOT gaming(Idle)?
or in the past while you was gaming.(probably this one but you was a bit unclear)

Reminding you that:
i7 8750H Max temperature is about 100c. so you have not passed the line until now.
let's continue...

im getting 97c while playing any game!! even if the cpu usage is in 60%!! same with the GPU also!!
from this line we get that the problem is from cooling.
normally when the utilization goes lower the heat generating from the cpu gets lower so the cpu temperature should go down too.

Unless the cooling system fails to take out the heat quickly so it holds the heat over the cpu results in no cooling.

Your solutions(In my opinion):

1.Check your Fans
Strongly recommends you to check your fan RPM through BIOS or third party apps such as SpeedFan.
the only thing you've changed recently is your Motherboard so there's a high chance that your fan speed is not getting controlled by BIOS. simply increase your fan speeds in BIOS or using SpeedFan and check the results.
also check the fan itself if possible.(broken fan wing/connector problems)

2.Use a CoolPad(super cheap)

3.ReApply the thermal paste.(higher quality paste=lower temp in longer duration)

4.Finally UnderVolt your components if nothing worked(CPU/GPU)

[Not recommended at all]

hope this helps you
Good Luck

Sep 15, 2019
Hello.

first of all i have a question from you..

you're getting 75-88c while NOT gaming(Idle)?
or in the past while you was gaming.(probably this one but you was a bit unclear)

Reminding you that:
i7 8750H Max temperature is about 100c. so you have not passed the line until now.
let's continue...

from this line we get that the problem is from cooling.
normally when the utilization goes lower the heat generating from the cpu gets lower so the cpu temperature should go down too.

Unless the cooling system fails to take out the heat quickly so it holds the heat over the cpu results in no cooling.

Your solutions(In my opinion):

1.Check your Fans
Strongly recommends you to check your fan RPM through BIOS or third party apps such as SpeedFan.
the only thing you've changed recently is your Motherboard so there's a high chance that your fan speed is not getting controlled by BIOS. simply increase your fan speeds in BIOS or using SpeedFan and check the results.
also check the fan itself if possible.(broken fan wing/connector problems)

2.Use a CoolPad(super cheap)

3.ReApply the thermal paste.(higher quality paste=lower temp in longer duration)

4.Finally UnderVolt your components if nothing worked(CPU/GPU)

[Not recommended at all]

hope this helps you
Good Luck
75-88 while gaming (that's normal)
Idle is 35-50 ( normal) now idle is 65-80c

I have tried 1,2,4 steps already!! 1is complelty fine !! Fans spinning 5000rpm max!! And -145v already undervolted!! And I have Dual Fan Cooling Pad!! Not effective at all (but good airflow)!!!
I will try Repaste With Artic MX4 Paste !!!

Run Malwarebytes and CCleaner "Registry" both are free but You may have picked up a malware bug (whats new nowadays) and it is causing havoc. With Ccleaner it will clear up any broken data pathways caused by uinstalled software or up-dates to newer versions.

It is a longshot but worth a try....

Cheers

Reactions: henterpriser
Solution