[Need Help] My websites won't load on my laptop but will on other devices on the same Network.

Bachaquero

Commendable
Aug 26, 2016
My apologies if this is in the wrong section, I am still not clear on whether this is a networking issue or a Windows issue.

The Issue:

I have a few websites that I haven't worked on in a while, maybe 6 months. Recently I tried loading them and get nothing, sometimes it will be a blank white screen or connection error message. I spoke to tech support at my hosting company and was told both sites are live. They mentioned that maybe my IP was blocked but that wasn't the case. I can get into my wordpess dashboard but can't see any of the edits I make, the pages won't load. On my laptop I have a good internet connection and everything else loads fine. I tried another laptop on the same wireless network as well as my phone and the sites load fine. I am not really sure what happened but I really need to get a solution for this problem so I can my sites redone and up and running again. If anyone has any insight as to what went wrong I would be greatly appreciative.

Notes:

-My computer is an HP Pavilion with Windows 8.1 Unfortunately I can't find any information on the model number. The laptop is connected to a wireless router and this in my home, not a work network.

-I tried using another router and IP address and still couldn't get the sites to load. Reset both routers and restarted my computer as well without success.

-With the sites loading on other devices on the same network it leads me to believe that something went wrong in my Windows system.

-The sites don't load on any browser, FF, Chrome, Opera or Safari.

Hopefully I explained the issue clearly enough, any help is much appreciated, thanks.

Solution

Try and use your phone as a tether to your laptop, if it works, it could be the wireless card.

Bachaquero

Commendable
Aug 26, 2016
Yup, the date and time are correct. The internet is working fine except for my websites. I flushed and changed the DNS, erased everything in the temp folder, ran hitman pro an spybot and still nothing.

miggtt699

Distinguished

Try and use your phone as a tether to your laptop, if it works, it could be the wireless card.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS