Need help. New build doesn't boot and stock cooler not spinning.

Sep 22, 2018
This is my build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sNWm7W

My first ever build so I must be overlooking something. I connected the front panel cables correctly, following the manual. I turn it on and the LED lights turn on, the MOBO lights turn on but nothing else happens. The wraith cooler/GPU/PSU fans aren't spinning and the monitor says no signal.

I followed all the manuals, step-by-step, and checked online tutorials.
Placed the CPU in the correct orientation, fell right into place.
Placed the wraith cooler directly on top of it with the screws aligned, tightened and connected the cable to CPU_FAN.
Connected the 24-pin to the motherboard (at ATX-PWR1), already coming out of the PSU.
Connected 8 pin to the motherboard (at CPU_PWR1), already coming out of the PSU
Connected the 6+2 pins from the PSU to the GPU.
Connected 2 SATA cables to the SDD, 1 from MOBO and 1 from PSU.
Installed both RAMS on the indicated slots for the first two (slot 2 and 4).
Connected 12V input (in the case) to the PSU.

If you want to see any pictures of the wirings just message me.

Any help would be appreciated.

sounds good. have you tried pulling front panel cables and jumping the two pins with a screwdriver, the pwr_+ and pwr_-. sounds like you don't have front panel header plugged in correctly but your MB is getting power. do you already have a win10 usb installer ready?

Sep 22, 2018

Thanks for your reply.

Ok my bad... I had the 24 pin loose. I pushed it in and the CPU cooler and the GPU fans started working. My mouse lit up for the first time. Huge milestone.

Now my monitor still says no signal. Connected via HDMI cable from GPU to the monitor. I have windows 10 usb ready but need my monitor to pick up something first.

Sep 22, 2018
I'm really sorry for wasting your time and I really appreciate your responses thank you so much.

The frustration got to me and wasn't patient, when I restarted my PC the new HDMI worked and could install windows 10. Really, thank you so much.

TRENDING THREADS