[SOLVED] Need help, new build won’t POST, no display ?

OCZdude

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2013
[Question] new build won’t post need help!

So I don’t know if this is the correct place to post this, but here goes:

I just build my new PC and it won’t post, i don’t hear a beep or anything. Initially the fans spin up then they normalize and just keep running but I don’t get anything on my display. I noticed my pheriperals which are hooked up to the usb ports of the mobo don’t lit up, they also don’t lit up if connected to the case usb ports.
If they’re disconnected the PC shuts down immediately and starts rebooting every 2 seconds. All the rgb and fans are spinning.

This is my build:

I9 10900k

RTX 3080 Suprim X

MSI z490 MEG ACE motherboard

4 x 16 gb Gskill Trident Z 3600 mhz ddr4 ram

Corsair HX1200 PSU

2 x Samsung 970 M.2 SSD 1 TB

1 x Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD 1 TB

NZXT Kraken Z73 AIO

This is what I’ve already tried:
-reseat the cpu even though it was seated properly and the aio lcd showed a temp of 21 C
-reseated the memory and tried all dimm-slots with 1 stick
-reseat the gpu
-tried a POST-test without gpu and 1 ram stick closes to the CPU on the 2nd dimm slot
-reconnected all the psu cables and checked all the connections

The monitor i initially hooked up had a DP connection, i also tried one with HDMI only, still no luck.

The pc keeps powercycling after some attempts, i’m really lost at what to do now, i would really appreciate your help!
It’s also weird that my razer peripherals don’t light up at all. The motherboard also doesn’t give a code at all just two stripes. The cpu led is on though and it’s white, but the CPU should be okay.
I’ve also done the following troubleshooting steps:

My monitor was connected to the gpu.

All motherboard connectors were inserted correctly, the AIO was working correctly as the AIO showed a temp of 21-22 degrees celsius, if the pump was failing i would assume that the temp would increase right?

I didn’t apply any new thermal paste, just used the pre-applied thermal paste on the kraken z73. All stickers have been removed.

PSU connectors were checked, but i’ll check again. And the cmos battery was removed for 5 minutes but still to no avail. :(

Solution
Turn off the PSU and remove the GPU.
Connect the monitor to one of the integrated ports and then boot up again and see if you can enter the bios.
If you have windows installed already from a previous build then it may or may not work due to differences in hardware; be prepared to install windows from scratch and have all your drivers already downloaded to the USB (you'll need them even if windows does load, you don't want to run with MS basic drivers)

popatim

Titan
Turn off the PSU and remove the GPU.
Connect the monitor to one of the integrated ports and then boot up again and see if you can enter the bios.
If you have windows installed already from a previous build then it may or may not work due to differences in hardware; be prepared to install windows from scratch and have all your drivers already downloaded to the USB (you'll need them even if windows does load, you don't want to run with MS basic drivers)

Solution