need help! New computer build - lost files and settings

thrillhunter

Honorable
Oct 23, 2013
About 4 weeks ago I built a new desktop pc.
Today I booted it, and on the loading windows before you get to the tiles on w8, it was taking forever to load.
When it did eventually load, there weren't any of the tiles I previously had except Desktop, Internet Explorer and Store. My desktop background has changed and all my settings including default browser, favourites bar in chrome, are gone. All the folder shortcuts that were on my desktop have gone. Icons like Skype, Steam, Google Chrome, and AVG antivirus stayed but all my other stuff is gone.
My microsoft office programs are no longer on my SSD at all (Samsung 410 EVO 250gb).
In EVent viewer I have quite a few errors:

Error 1502 - Windows cannot load the locally stored profile. Possible causes of this error include insufficient security rights or a corrupt local profile.
Error 1508 - Windows was unable to load the registry. This problem is often caused by insufficient memory or insufficient security rights.
Error 1511 Error 1515 Error
Warning 1530 - Windows detected your registry file is still in use by other applications or services. The file will be unloaded now. The applications or services that hold your registry file may not function properly afterwards.

ALSO about a week ago my pc crashed with a critical error in Event Viewer but it doesnt show up anymore when I was searching for it. Something to do with Kernel... sorry I can't be more specific.

My psu is a corsair HX750 modular, could the problem be psu related?
Im new to computers and I have no idea how to go about this... I appreciate any help!

A few days ago my computer did crash, I have no idea why though. In event

Chilicheesepie

Honorable
Oct 16, 2013
Try using "Samsung HUTIL" it's a hard drive testing program for samsung drives. Also try using the built in windows checker.

1. Open My Computer.

2. Right-click on the drive letter that you wish to check for errors and click on the Properties menu item.

3. Choose the "Tools" tab and click on the Check Now... button.

4. Two options are available in the next window:

Automatically fix file system errors will correct many file system errors detected. <<< This is the basic option.

Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors will perform a search for areas of the hard drive that may be damaged or unusable. If found, this tool will mark those areas as "bad" and prevent your computer from using them in the future. This is a very useful feature but may extend the scan time as much as a few hours.