Question Need help, new cpu detected/corrupted black screen.

Oct 7, 2023
So I recently built a pc, everything was working great. I switched cases because I'm an idiot and here's where all the trouble began.

Booted up the pc after installing in the new case. Booted up fine, checked temps, all good, go to bathroom and come back and it's off.

My pc did not want to stay on. Some times it would turn on and work for a minute or two and some times I would only get a slight fan spin and an immediate shut off.

So I decided to pony up for a new motherboard hoping this was the issue. Bought the same model B650 Mag Tomahawk. Installed everything including my old SSD.

Plug it in, cross my fingers and hit the power button...

I get a black screen that said new cpu detected then an immediate shut off. Didn't get a chance to read the text beyond that. Now when I power on I get some gpu lights and fan spin and it's back off again.

Anyone have any advice? This is driving me insane. Thanks in advance.

B650 tomahawk ryzen 7600 peerless assassin 120 4070 ti corsair 750 rme corsair 5600 ddr5

I am getting desperate.

So I recently built a pc, everything was working great. I switched cases because I'm an idiot and here's where all the trouble began.

Booted up the pc after installing in the new case. Booted up fine, checked temps, all good, go to bathroom and come back and it's off.

My pc did not want to stay on. Some times it would turn on and work for a minute or two and some times I would only get a slight fan spin and an immediate shut off.

So I decided to pony up for a new motherboard hoping this was the issue. Bought the same model B650 Mag Tomahawk. Installed everything including my old SSD.

Plug it in, cross my fingers and hit the power button...

I get a black screen that said new cpu detected then an immediate shut off. Didn't get a chance to read the text beyond that. Now when I power on I get some gpu lights and fan spin and it's back off again.

Anyone have any advice? This is driving me insane. Thanks in advance.

B650 tomahawk ryzen 7600 peerless assassin 120 4070 ti corsair 750 rme corsair 5600 ddr5

I am getting desperate.
Remove the gpu....test.
If no help unplug all disk....test.
If no help move the mobo out of the case and on to a piece of cardboard...test.