Need help, new Gigabyte mobo won't boot?

Feb 4, 2019
So I finally decided to upgrade to ddr4 and I'm having trouble getting it going.

*new gigabyte ga-z270p-d3 motherboard, corsair lpx 2x8gb at 3200mhz and thermaltake tough power grand rgb 850w 80+gold

*old i7-6700k, cooler master ml120l rgb, hdd+ssds, case

I've tried to upgrade twice now but every time I push the power button the fans and rgb/leds sputter like a car with a bad fuel injector. The first time I thought it was probably just my psu maxing out (an old 500w corsair) but now that I have a new psu and it still does the same thing I'm at a loss. I've tried a number of things to trial and error and I just don't know. Pretty sure I'm not missing any connections because I rebuild with my old mobo and ram and it starts fine. That being said I am quite new to building pcs so it could be anything as far as I know

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
First of all, there's no way you would max out 500w with just CPU and RAM.
I run my 6700k with 1080ti both over clocked with two hdd, an SSD, kraken x62 AiO, on a 600w psu just fine.

Try removing all drives and just booting with single stick of ram.
Be sure you have both the 8pin CPU power and 24pin motherboard power fully plugged in.
It any power connector is unplugged by even a hairline amount you will have issues.

Feb 4, 2019
Tried all of that.. It was something stupid that I totally overlooked.. A couple pins in the cpu socket were bent, gonna get a replacement rather than break one by accident trying to fix it myself and not be able to return it.

Thanks anyway