[SOLVED] Need help ! new windows installation on SSD

MikeC24

Prominent
Jun 9, 2019
hey everyone today i decided to install Windows 10 on my ssd with Windows 10 still in my HDD since i couldnt clone it to my ssd , so i formated the ssd and used a usb stick to install Windows , selected the sdd in the boot priorities and now when i boot up a option comes up with diferente volumes to boot from and on the new Windows all texto is gone , from the icons from the menus everything's gone if anyone could help me it would be very nice

i used sfc /scannow and this comes up

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.
For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at
windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline
repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.

Solution
At this point you need to detach the HDD from the system and perform a format and clean install to the SSD. Boot is corrupted because the HDD with the same OS was left in the system while installing OS to SSD.

MikeC24

Prominent
Jun 9, 2019
By detach you mean unplug the hdd from the pc ? And after i format the ssd and plug the hdd back in will it happen again ?
And thank you for replying :D

Edit: i restored Windows on the ssd and now it works fine but i still get the option to boot from other volumes is there any way arround besides unplugin the hdd and formating ssd with a brand new Windows ?

Last edited: