Need help on a purchase GPU related

James R

Reputable
Jun 23, 2014
So im trying to upgrade my graphics , currently have HD5450 which kinda sucks lol.. so there are 2 cards that i want atm.

1. Radeon R7 260X

2. SAPPHIRE R7 260X 2GB GDDR5 OC

my question is which is better on those two? OR any recommendation under 150$

casual gamer dont really need ultra settings !

My specs
Win 7
AMD phenom X4 9850 2.5
6gb ram
600watts
ASUStek M3a78-EM (motherboard )

Solution
These guys are right, you will be cpu limited but if you're going to upgrade your cpu eventually you are fine just getting a new graphics card for now.

Back to the question, the Saphire card will be better as it is just the same graphics card as the stock radeon card, but it has a better cooler (probably quieter and will be better for overclocking), and the card comes with a small factory overclock

Superfish86

Reputable
Jun 23, 2014
What he is saying is that the cpu will bottleneck performance in newer games, because it is an older and slower cpu. However, back to the original question, I would go with the saphire, simply because they have tweaked it a little to get slightly better performance than the stock one. Not much, but I think it would be marginally better. Also, if you have the money, and a mobo that will support it, you should upgrade your cpu. I would recomend the fx 8350. I've got one, and it has never given me any trouble, and it will drastically improve your performance.

Other thoughts - Getting a better graphics card won't necessarily improve the performance of your rig. For ex, if your trying to get more frames in a game, naturally, you would think upgrade the GPU. But, it could also just as easily be the CPU that is slowing you down

James R

Reputable
Jun 23, 2014

ahh thank you! well i am in the process of upgrading my system .. and just got enought for a new GPU and thx for the added info ! :)

moozilbee

Honorable
Jul 19, 2013
These guys are right, you will be cpu limited but if you're going to upgrade your cpu eventually you are fine just getting a new graphics card for now.

Back to the question, the Saphire card will be better as it is just the same graphics card as the stock radeon card, but it has a better cooler (probably quieter and will be better for overclocking), and the card comes with a small factory overclock

Solution