Need help on a water cooler for my new system

jomsjoms

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2015
Hi,

I am building 2 systems (1x for my house and 1x for my work). I need to know which liquid cooler to get. I am very new to liquid cooling so I don't really know how to go about this. There are so many options NZXT Kraken, Corsair(H100, H100i, H100i GT, H100 GTX, H105, H110i, H110 GT... etc etc). I sure wish that the corsair website could give us a simplified explanation of the differences specially if you are a newbie.

Anyway, I always use air cooling but since I am building a system having aesthetics as 1 of my priorities, I then decided to go water cooling (as it looks better and the logo lights up).

Priority 1 - Aesthetics (LED lighting)
Priority 2 - Not Loud
Priority 3 - Performance

Anyway here are my systems:

System 1 (Home)
i7-6700k
Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha
16GB Avexir Core Ram
Phanteks Evolv Tempered Glass version
Corsair AX860 power supply
Samsung 850 EVO SSD
Western Digital 3TB HD

System 2 (Work)
i7-6800K
Asus X99 Deluxe U3.1
32GB G.Skilll Ripjaws 4 RAM
Phanteks Evolv Tempered Glass version
Corsair AX860 power supply
Samsung 850 PRO SSD
Samsung 950 PRO M.2 SSD
Western Digital Black 4TB HD
Western Digital RE 6TB HD

Questions:

1) What would be the best water cooling version for me that would fit my case/mboard/etc given that I would only overclock my cpu slightly? (around 3.8 - 4.0Ghz) [u]and it wouldn't sound too noisy[/u]. (I am not after making my system super quiet but I just don't like it to be very loud. Somewhere in between would be nice)

2) I am concerned that on my System 2(work), the water cooling might hit the Samsung 950 PRO M.2 SSD. (Note: At first I opted to use noctue NH-15D but it wasn't compatible as per their website as it says it would hit the M.2 SSD). Would the water cooling that you would suggest hit it too?

3) Does all the water cooling Logo light up with different colors? or are there certain brand/models that only offer this? (I would really like the logo to light up)

Thanks

Solution
This is a good place to start; http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-2196038/air-cooling-water-cooling-things.html.

If you're concerned about noise then you should know that AIO water coolers tend to be louder than air coolers on account of the fans and pump. Whilst the fans can be swapped for quieter ones, the pump is there to stay. There's also increased risk in the form of pump failure and leakage, neither of which you'll have to worry about with an air cooler. For a work PC, you should carefully consider this.

I know that you can change the colour of the logo on the H100i using Corsair Link and I imagine that applies to any Corsair AIO water cooler that's compatible with Corsair Link, but I can't be sure.
This is a good place to start; http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-2196038/air-cooling-water-cooling-things.html.

If you're concerned about noise then you should know that AIO water coolers tend to be louder than air coolers on account of the fans and pump. Whilst the fans can be swapped for quieter ones, the pump is there to stay. There's also increased risk in the form of pump failure and leakage, neither of which you'll have to worry about with an air cooler. For a work PC, you should carefully consider this.

I know that you can change the colour of the logo on the H100i using Corsair Link and I imagine that applies to any Corsair AIO water cooler that's compatible with Corsair Link, but I can't be sure.

Solution