Question need help on choosing a power supply

ironstem

Reputable
Aug 15, 2020
Hello, I need help on choosing a power supply, but I do have a few uncommon factors that you need to know.

I've been switching back and forth on two series from Corsair: CV and CX. This is because I don't need a gaming power supply for now, but also something that won't blow up my future computer. (Speaking of which, this isn't a completed build, this is the list of parts that I already have and also plan to buy.)

I do realize now that if I get the CX series, then I won't have to worry about things in the future. Let's say I get a better GPU for when I actually want to get into "hardcore" gaming. Oh look, I don't have to upgrade two components, only one!

SPECS (context will be explained if you're curious enough lol):
i5-8400 with 65W full load (reusing from current PC/prebuilt, only because it works well for me)
COOLERMASTER I71C (idk, I just needed a basic cooler, although it isn't better than stock)
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (using ATM)
Samsung 860 EVO 240 GB (using ATM, will be boot drive and storage since I won't need much space)
CoolerMaster NR400 (it's got great airflow and aesthetics, that's a win-win for me)

These are the only parts I haven't bought yet.
MSI GTX 1050ti LP with 75W full load (I will buy this when the GPU market goes back to normal)
MSI MAG B365M Mortar (nice motherboard, I'll most likely never upgrade it)

So, any recommendations? if I get the CX series, I won't have to upgrade again in the future, but right now it's a little bit too expensive and unnecessary for my purposes. If I get the CV series, I'll have to upgrade in the future, but it's budget friendly right now. I can afford both PSUs too, just barely though.

Keep in mind that the GPU has no additional connectors from the PSU, and is considered a weak card. That doesn't mean it can give enough performance for me though. Paired up with the i5-8400, it can give me 60fps at 1600x900. This has already been decided and will not change.