need help on computers

I would say not really. Mainly because it doesn't come with an operating system or a graphics card. The graphics card is quite important while gaming a processing video.

- Sam

JeromeCole

Reputable
Apr 10, 2015

Hey Sam, this is my friend. He wants a gaming PC, relatively around £250-300 allowing him to use on-board graphics then buying a GPU without having to upgrade the PSU so the PSU will have to be 600w+. Is there anyhow you could direct him in the correct way?

Also take a look at my post if you don't mind helping me out a bit too.

Hey mate. A 600 watt PSU is fine for a graphics card, I have a 600 watt one from corsair which is fantastic, just make sure it has the correct power connectors on it for the gpu you want. AMD CPUs are better for the price, you can get a really good fx amd CPU for about £70!

JeromeCole

Reputable
Apr 10, 2015

Okay, is there any links you can provide for a gaming PC? Like a good motherboard with 600w PSU?

If yes that would be perfect!

Personally I wouldn't buy a pre-build from online places like eBay or Amazon because sometimes they can burn out really quickly. I'm not at home at the moment but when i get home I can give you a list of all the parts you need and you can build it together or get someone to build it for you.

- Sam

JeromeCole

Reputable
Apr 10, 2015

Nice, the thing is, i spent around £350 on a standard computer no GPU.

I've told him that it's basicaly an extra £100 for a GPU meaning he doesn't run on-board graphics. Allowing him to play games at a good FPS.

We basically need a computer first of all. A decent one that we can just add a GPU and we're ready. Not to play games on max settings but to at least play them with comfort.

Alright. I hear you :) I would recommend the one I have, it's about £120 and I can play things liked farcry 3 at medium-high settings.

Would you still like me to give you a part list of said whole PC?

JeromeCole

Reputable
Apr 10, 2015

That's decent.

Well he has like £300, is there any links off eBay/Amazon that he can buy from? Like a standard tower or something.

Something with:

8GB RAM
1TB HDD
HDMI
No GPU of course.
PSU = 600 or more
A good motherboard.

This is then best I could find. :) - HDMI is usually on graphic cards. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gaming-PC-cooling-Windows-Included/dp/B00M03W2HE/ref=sr_1_33?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1428680101&sr=1-33&keywords=Gaming+PC