[SOLVED] Need help on installing Windows XP on my pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

clementttttttt

Prominent
Dec 11, 2019
I am trying to install Windows XP on my pc, and it just keeps BSOD after loading drivers. I tried to use the AMD ahci drivers, uniata driver and these driver does not work and I keep getting that BSOD.

Specs:
Ryzen 5 3500x
MSI B450m PRO-M2 MAX
2x8GB ram ,single channel
Sapphire RX570 4g
Corsair VS550 orange

Solution
Your best bet is to find an older mobo that supports WinXP. There are hundreds of them out there. Look for one that supports the Intel Quad core cpus Socket 775 and 4 GB RAM. Then find a video card that supports WinXP. Good luck.

kanewolf

Titan
I am trying to install Windows XP on my pc, and it just keeps BSOD after loading drivers. I tried to use the AMD ahci drivers, uniata driver and these driver does not work and I keep getting that BSOD.

Specs:
Ryzen 5 3500x
MSI B450m PRO-M2 MAX
2x8GB ram ,single channel
Sapphire RX570 4g
Corsair VS550 orange
Shocking !!! A 20 year old OS won't load on new hardware ...

clementttttttt

Prominent
Dec 11, 2019
I found the drivers for amd ahci but it will just not work. And the reason I wanna install Windows XP to my pc is that my Windows XP gaming pc is dead and I need to play some old games.

I found the drivers for amd ahci but it will just not work. And the reason I wanna install Windows XP to my pc is that my Windows XP gaming pc is dead and I need to play some old games.
If you found XP drivers for amd ahci for the MSI B450m PRO-M2 MAX please share the link so we can have a look.
Also you might need the chipset drivers or other sata drivers if ahci is not enough.

aoresteen

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2016
Your best bet is to find an older mobo that supports WinXP. There are hundreds of them out there. Look for one that supports the Intel Quad core cpus Socket 775 and 4 GB RAM. Then find a video card that supports WinXP. Good luck.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.