[SOLVED] Need help on new build

renzloX08

Reputable
Dec 21, 2014
Planning on building my mid gaming system but Im on super tight budget.

Ryzen 5 2600
gigabyte a320m-s2h (yes i know should go for b450. Price diff is too high on my country)
Team Elite Plus Memory 8gb 2400 (Single)
thermaltake 600w rgb
rx 570/rx 580 (in the future)

My question is, will running single 8gb instead of dual 4gb will lower the performance greatly? The reason I use single single stick is the price difference and that mobo only has 2 slots (so I can add another 8gb in the future). Another thing do you think this build will last me atleast 3 years? I will mostly be gaming on 1080p mid-high-ultra (depends on the game). Tnx in advance.

Solution
I know dual channel works better on apu builds. What about when Im using a seperate GPU? Still a huge performance diff?

Another thing. I've read that I should always buy ram kits (sets of 2) because buying 1 stick now then buying another in the future will not work? Is this true?
Its is not true, you can buy another ram stick at any time convenient for you but ram has to of the SAME frequency no more no less( if you have a 2400 Mhz ram then the another one should be of the same freq)(that is why they come in kits)
Dual channel ram , discrete graphics card(not in SLI) works just perfectly.

harshgola

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2015
Dual sticks perform MUCH better than a single stick. I am talking about 10fps gain.( it could go even higher )(from personal experience :D)
Consider a single stick as a pipe with water flowing in it , by using a same pipe ( two pipes or sticks :p)for the same amount of water ,will increase the rate of flow.

renzloX08

Reputable
Dec 21, 2014
Dual sticks perform MUCH better than a single stick. I am talking about 10fps gain.( it could go even higher )(from personal experience :D)
Consider a single stick as a pipe with water flowing in it , by using a same pipe ( two pipes or sticks :p)for the same amount of water ,will increase the rate of flow.
I know dual channel works better on apu builds. What about when Im using a seperate GPU? Still a huge performance diff?

Another thing. I've read that I should always buy ram kits (sets of 2) because buying 1 stick now then buying another in the future will not work? Is this true?

harshgola

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2015

Its is not true, you can buy another ram stick at any time convenient for you but ram has to of the SAME frequency no more no less( if you have a 2400 Mhz ram then the another one should be of the same freq)(that is why they come in kits)
Dual channel ram , discrete graphics card(not in SLI) works just perfectly.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS