Question Need Help on New PC!

Nov 23, 2020
I'll try to keep this short but there is a lot to type...

A couple days ago I build a brand new pc
Specs: No OC
  • Ryzen 7 3700x
  • EVGA xc3 Geforce RTX 3070
  • 32gb Trident Z RGb 3600mhz (4x8gb)
  • Aurus b550 pro-p MOBO
  • ThermalTake 240mm Aio
  • 750w be quiet PSU
I am currently running into an issue that no matter what game I play after around 15-20 minutes of game play the game will crash. The two games I have tested so far are Fortnite and Valorant. I'm pretty sure I have all the drivers I need installed. I initially thought it may be an issue with my cooling, but after looking at temps my GPU hits a max of 70 Celsius and my CPU hits a max of 73 Celsius. I'm not having major frame drops or any noticeable issues other than crashing. When I received my Ryzen 3700x it did not seat properly in the socket and after a closer look I noticed some of the pins were bent. I did my best to straighten the pins using very light pressure from a small flat head screwdriver. I also noticed that some of the pins seemed to have some sort of silverish looking tinge to them and didn't think much of it. I ran firestrike on 3d mark and the pc didn't have any hiccups or issues. I'm concerned about this as I just put down 2k on this pc to replace my old one. If anyone could help me resolve this I would be so greatful!

Last edited:
Reactions: Why_Me
Jan 17, 2021
Do you have XMP profile Activated? If so, try turning it off and manually setting your memory timings and clock speed. But honestly it sounds like a GPU issue. Do you have an older GPU you could swap out with your 3070 to see if you get the same issue so you can rule out GPU as the culprit.

Nov 23, 2020
Do you have XMP profile Activated? If so, try turning it off and manually setting your memory timings and clock speed. But honestly it sounds like a GPU issue. Do you have an older GPU you could swap out with your 3070 to see if you get the same issue so you can rule out GPU as the culprit.
yah I have a 1070 that I could try. i'll also give the xmp profile a go as I do have it activated. I really hope its not the GPu being as they are so hard to come by rn

Jan 17, 2021
yah I have a 1070 that I could try. i'll also give the xmp profile a go as I do have it activated. I really hope its not the GPu being as they are so hard to come by rn

I doubt its a defective GPU. Make sure all your drivers are up to date. See if there is a newer BIOS version for your motherboard that you can update to. Also you should take a look in windows event viewer and search out any errors occurring at the time of a system crash, It could help you identify exactly whats causing your crashes.

Nov 23, 2020
I doubt its a defective GPU. Make sure all your drivers are up to date. See if there is a newer BIOS version for your motherboard that you can update to. Also you should take a look in windows event viewer and search out any errors occurring at the time of a system crash, It could help you identify exactly whats causing your crashes.
I haven't heard of this windows event viewer how does it work.
Update: I looked around for a bit and have 5 kernel power issues that were critical. some of them line up with some of my crashes but others don't.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2021
I haven't heard of this windows event viewer how does it work.
Update: I looked around for a bit and have 5 kernel power issues that were critical. some of them line up with some of my crashes but others don't.

when you view these errors, do they show and event ID number of "41"?
Can you please post one of the kernel errors.