Need Help Only From Smart Experienced windows users

BenSheriff

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
Right after testing my pc @ an overclock that 99% of reveiws said was easy and you can get it stable on it but going further would be deferent as all cpus are defferent in speed and stablity. Now after searching for my Bluescreen problems i tried windows solutions and there reply made no sense what so ever to my problem as all i got from them was "This is a microsoft error and is not fixed until a recent update" i have got all my updates!! and everything is @ x32 all installed one after each other. Now bk to the searching i went until i found this in my device manager - PCI-BUS (in the proberties i have got this - Conflicting Device List -Memory Range DFF00000 - FEBFFFF not available

Now i want to correct this , i check all the rest and this seems to be the outcome now what i want to know is how to fix it, i was thinking that the only card in my pci bus atm = my sitecom wireless pci card - tho i am using a usb wireless device atm until my new net arrives (which hopefully i just use the Gigabyte lan port^^) as most wireless routers nowadays have eternet @ the bk of them also.

So can i just disable this PCI-BUS or can someone explain to me how to fix as im into overclocking + tweaking windows vista/ win 7 but never in my time have i done anything like this .

BenSheriff

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
Richard i already explained what the conflict is above pci-bus device memory conflict , now in the pci-bus proberties the boxes called setting based on + use automatic settings are greyed out so i cant even figure out how to change it or fix it.

richardscott

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2007
it is not just things that are in your pci slots that will use the same bus, again have you looked in your bios and tried to disable things like onboard lan, floppy support etc, you might find that there is something on your mobo that is useing the same bus, it isnt a windows fault its a hardware fault i had a simmilar fault with my second gfx card i had used up all of the irq's and there wasnt any left for the second card so i disabled the onboard pata and it fixed it straight away.

calinkula

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2008
Sounds like it might be a memory mapping problem, this is controlled in bios. My Asus board has a feature called "Memory Remap"(your setting may have a different name) with Enabled or Disabled as options. This controls how all devices are mapped in memory. One setting is for 32 bit OSes and the other is for 64bit OSes. XP 32 bit can only map a total of 4 GB of memory, this includes RAM, video RAM and other devices memory. If your mobo mapped the device beyond the 4GB range XP 32 bit will not be able to reach the device.

greenbrucelee

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2008
As said this isn't a windows issue it is two or more hardware devices conflicting with each other, try doing ehat has been suggested by disabling things like floppy support etc.

Run memtest86 to see if there is a memory issue.

knotknut

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2007
To begin with post your complete system configuration.

Explain what your target OC is and what you have done so far to try to reach your target. What settings are you using.

In the mean time Clear CMOS. Look in your MB manual for correct method.

Are there any yellow (!) in your device manager?

BenSheriff

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
Right atm in device manager there shows no (?) or (!) signs which oviously lead me on a wild goose chase to find the conflicting device until i eventually browsed each driver installed on the device manager sector.

Device name is as follows -

PCI bus

In its proberties i found located @

PCI bus proberties/resources

Resource settings:

Resoucre type Setting
I/O Range 0000 - 0c47
I/O Range 0D00 - FFFF
Memory Range 000A0000 - 000BFFFF
Memory Range 000C0000 - 000DFFFF
Memory Range DFF00000 - FEBFFFFF

Setting Based on: [Current configuration] (marked out wont let you select anything)

Use automatic Settings [Change setting..] (marked out wont let you select anything)

Conflicting device list:
Memory Range DFF00000 - FEBFFFFF not available.

Overclocking settings @

FSB: 250 (cant atm get it to 266 @ 3.20ghz stable as im still in the process but paused it as Fixing this problem ive had from day 1)

Memory Freq : 4.0+ (800 strapping) - @ 1000mhZ atm but memory is rated to 1066 as its kingston HiperX *i have 8gb of it but took out two stick as 32 bit dont use it all.
Memory SPD @ 6-6-6-18
PCI-E locked @ 100mhZ
Vcore voltage @ 1.325V
Memory voltage @ 2.0V
pcie (normal)
fsb (normal)
mch (normal)
PCI locked to 33Mhz

*A reply to one of the above answers - yes i strip pc right down to psu+gfx card - cd drive and mobo with 1 x2gb stick of kingston still problem is there*

*A reply to one of the above answers - In my gigabyte bios i cant not see anything relating to memory remap only a thing called support high prision timer 32bit or 64bit which i have on disabled atm as i turned it off when i turned off the parellal and serial ports tosave irqs but problem still there , only other thing i can see about memory is Execute memory protect which i turned off rebooted system and checked yet its still there -.-*

Yes i installed the driver off the website as i cannot find the disk , but some how when i was reading the chipset drivers install file it Only mentions windows xp and 98. yet the file is called windows vistax32Chipsetdrivers :?.

If any of you whom are helping me in this channel have a gigabyte board and are familier with the bios - is there a memory remap area and where located cause i cant seem to find it.

My board btw lads = GA-EP35C - DS3R

It handles ddr3 also but i installed 8gb at the start of kingston ddr2 8500 ram rated @ 1066 so i could overclock my cpu from the standard settings ,

800fsb - 1066fsb
clock host @ 12x
memory from 800 to 1066 @ 4.0~
Vcore voltage @ 1.425

Cooling:-
2 front blower 120mm fans @ 2500 rpm
2 Exshust Fans 120mm @ 2500rpm
1 side case 90mm Fan @ 2000rpm
8800 GTS 320mb Blower FAN @ 100% @ 2700rpm
Artic cooling : Extreme Freezer 7 @ 160 WATT- 2000+rpm

When i overclock to 3.0GHZ @ 250fsb and dont change voltage at all as a reveiw guide showed i get a stable overclock but cant seem to go further like other said it was opne of the easyiest to overclock to 266 all i had to do was raise the fsb to 266 with a 1.425 voltage but dont seem to go well for me as i bsod :(.
But @ 3Ghz system idles @ 15c to 20c and max loads @ 50c .

knotknut

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2007
Your MB will accept both DDR2 and DDR3. DDR3 only in the Green Memory Slots, DDR2 in the Orange and Yellow Slots.

If you installed the DES from MB Drivers you will have troubles with OC.
Uninstall if you did.

I had to get the chipset driver for my GA-P35-DS3L from intel's website
to resolve my PCI conflict.

BenSheriff

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
Well duh if you couldnt spot the name i posted in the 2nd message stating my board anyone who is an experienced windows user in this channel would know that a p35 (clearly marked DS3R) means that it can input ddr3 also. I have tried 3 things so far by reading other forums and with no luck.

1) Flicked sata from ide to achi (rebooted and checked no luck -.-)
2) connected the sata2 on the purple stata gigabyte sata2chip instead of the ICH9 sata2 ports (orange) (rebooted and checked no luck -.-)
3) Connected bk to orange sata2 ports and changed bios fature from "sata ports 10-3 - use as achi" (rebooted and checked no luck -.-)

Ill try to install these new chipset drivers and graphics media accelerator drivers. Could you explain without the short Slang type to what a (DES from mb drivers is?). Atm pc is stripped all i got is 1 of the 2gb kingston stick and yes is in slot 1 notddr3 sloted. it located bay1 - slot1 *Yellow* in this yellow slot [DDR2]- Red [DDR2]- Green [DDR3]... Ill reply in abit if this driver update works.

knotknut

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2007
I assume you are having trouble with Windows 7 and Bus controler?

GA-EP35C-DS3R

E = Energy Efficient aka: DES aka: Dynamic Energy Saver
P35 = chipset
C = for Combo. DDR2 or DDR3
D = Durable. Solid Caps.
S3 = series
R = Raid

I suggest a fresh install of Windows 7.

Then work on getting your SM Bus problem corrected.

BenSheriff

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
I havnt got windows 7 , im downloading the beta atm tho ::D but its for dual boot use, my problem is the pci bus controller device thats installed staright away in vista when i reformattd it was there not needing a install of a software pkage, there in its proberties shows a memory range not available error which has been bsoding me like mad.

My rig specs atm are as follows:-

Memory- Kingston Hiperx KHX8500AD2k2/4G DDR2 PC-8500+ 1066Mhz Memory

Intel Cpu- E4600 Conroe 800FSB @2.40GHZ

Cooling - Artic cooler extreme Freezer 7 - system temp @ 30 cpu temp @ 20c idel - maxs at 50c

Default memory setting where the only thing i changed due to my ram stick labeled at the side of it as 2.0V

The Hardware i have installed is just the pci-e gfx card which is a XFX 320mb 8800GTS, and i have a E-power 650sli rdy Power supply, 1x Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R Motherboard, 1 cd dvd combo inteal ide cabled and 1 sata2 linked to the orange ich9 port on the mobo @ ide mode.

I hope this clears it up abit now.

The error i am receiveing is:-

Device name is as follows -

PCI bus

Resource settings:

Resoucre type Setting
I/O Range 0000 - 0c47
I/O Range 0D00 - FFFF

Setting Based on: [Current configuration] (marked out wont let you select anything)

Use automatic Settings [Change setting..] (marked out wont let you select anything)

Conflicting device list:

knotknut

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2007

Update the driver from the file I refered you to.

BenSheriff

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
i was abit lost on the link you sent me as it shows 2 link one called intel 4series chipset and another called intel 4 series express chipset, i have a E4600 , im new to intel btw so does the E in the processor title mean express?.

bydesign

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2006
Do you get this BSOD when it's not overclocked? If you don't that pretty much rules out any driver or windows config issues including the conflict you speak of.

I would leave the memory at stock speed and just OC the front side bus. You will have make adjustment to the memory setting to keep them stock. Once you hit your target OC then play with RAM.

You've throw out a lot of info but I don't see the BSOD code.

BenSheriff

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
This is what i beleave is causeing the error -PCI bus

Resource settings:

Resoucre type Setting
I/O Range 0000 - 0c47
I/O Range 0D00 - FFFF

Conflicting device list:

as its the only thing i can find that shows a conflict.

Yes i first of all overclocked the system as i bought all the parts and after reading a overclocking guide it said it was best overclocking on a fresh install and with new parts , and after reading the tomshardware "vista boost with 8gb article" i decided to buy 8gb to go with it. Yet from day 1 pc been crashing -.-. Ive read all the manuals from gfx card right to sata installment and have meet the higher requirements of all the newly purchased stuff.

Now a poster here said check memory remap but i cant find it in the bios and even in the manual -.-,

So then i reformatted my satat2 320mb hd with a 100% format - ive updated bios, removed gfx drivers rebooted , installed the update for chipset drivers and checked the system device manager and problem still shows -.-.

KnotKnut you're link was for developers only i downloaded the same one but for the client.

And still no luck. On another forum My mate said to run a memory test with memtest86, but i see no point as ram is brand new handle always with a moding wristband and also ran the Vista Memory Diagnostics Tool in all advanced sector which came bk as pass, scanned the HD before reinstalling the windows x32 home basic with chkdsk and it came bk as pass with no errors or bad sectors, so what am i doing wroung i havnt even had a chance to overclock my new pc, as this error is bloody annoying.

bydesign

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2006
You are really hard headed, you know that right? I asked you a question and if that answer is no then I told you that you are barking up the wrong tree.

Your troubleshooting is all over the place. This is game of elimination and if you don't have issues at the stock speeds, it's an overclocking issue. If you haven't tested it at factory defaults then do so.

So again does it happen with the factory defaults or not? If it does then you need to drop to 1 stick of ram and resume baseline testing starting with the memory as suggest above.

Here what I have in that section. Perhaps it will help open your mind.
Conflicting device list
Memory Range 00000000C0000000 - 00000000FFFFFFFF not available.

If you check the resources for your GPU you will likely find that it uses that same memory range.

GA-EP35C - DS3R
That is more or less a problem. The P35C chipset was probably one of the worst chipsets for the C2D CPUs. That chipset is known to have problems. Don't confuse the P35C with the normal P35 chipset, which was very good before P45 came out and is still pretty good for less than 420-450FSB.

Just look at all of the problems:
http://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&channel=s&hl=en&q=problem+with+P35C&btnG=Google+Search

My recommendations:
Get a normal P35/P45 based motherboard.

BenSheriff

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
ByDesign :- ive had the problem since day 1 dude. and the memory conflict is Memory Range DFF00000 - FEBFFFFF not available. Now the one you posted. *Memory Range 00000000C0000000 - 00000000FFFFFFFF not available.*

On another forum they said to manualy setup my memory but in the bios the (cl) only goes to 6 when mine is 7-7-7-20 @ 1.85V to 2.0V

Any way to change this to 7 as currently its set to 6-7-7-20-2T

The gfx card doesnt use that memory address also as i checked thro the Run "msinfo32" conflict/sharing area ill post a link of the arae incase ive missed something out.

http://img232.imageshack.us/my.php?image=conflictingsharing1go7.png

http://img232.imageshack.us/my.php?image=conflictingsharing2kp9.png

KnotKnot i updated with the file and no luck when i go to install and check the install button it says installation complete stairth away without me even installing anything - bit wired as i only reformatted a system is clean and nothing installed apart from the usb wireless drivers for my net oviously.

I tried to download the developer version and run it also but it does the same as the other one.

http://www.kingston.com/hyperx/products/khx_ddr2.asp

Kingston Technology Company - HyperX DDR2 -

(located in the dual channel memory area - KHX8500AD2K2/4G 4GB DDR2 1066MHz Non-ECC CL7 7-7-7-20 1.85-2.0V ) click datasheet it will give you a pdf on other stuff im not sure with atm as its confusing. You'll see it easy enopugh in the dual channel its the only one that shows 7-7-7-20 timings.

I also removed the gfx driver rebooted and checked no luck :(.

So i installed the gfx drivers from the cd (as they oviously the most stable) and no luck there also.

Any ideas?

Even on this link:- http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/page-247506_12_0.html

These guys seem to have the problems im having atm, as memory was tested and is working but only @ 800 , posts @ 1066 but bsods after 15 mins , @ 800 programs rash loading or in a game like a 15 mins match it would show a error and close 5 mins into the match. I also pulled out my memset 86 and it should ram had lots of errors in everyslot!! but in another mobo @ 800 setting in my dads crappy msi amd x64 mobo ram tests perfect, so wtf is going on tbfh.