Need Help/Opinion

G

Hi,
i want to upgrade my computer, but i have a short budget, so i decided only to upgrade my motherboard and graphic card, and do an overclock to the processor.
I have a K7-600 whith a SD-11 motherboard (sux). I`ve reserched about the type of processor (socket,slot) but i am very confused about, it seems i cant find out wich type is. can u please tell wich type is <A HREF="http://www.cpureview.com/images/k7cpu.jpg" target="_new"> this processor </A>. I`ve researching about the best motherboard out there and ì`ve come up with these 2: KT7-RAID and A7V Socket. Which is the best, and do i have to change my processor?

Thx

§hadow_War
:cool:

JOJO

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
That would be a slot processor. Unfortunately it is not being made anymore by amd and thus no new mobos for it.
As for the a7v and kt7, well, those are for socket processors. A board you coud get that would be close to the a7v would be the asus k7v, which is very similar but for a slot processor.

hope this helps

mpjesse

Splendid
Before you go overclocking you really should take a little time and learn a little more about processors and motherboards... If you can't tell what type of processor that is off the bat- your in too deep. No offence man, just take a little time and read before you go overclocking crazy and screw something up.

-MP Jesse

G

Thx guys

yeah i know that i`ve to learn a bit more.. but i think i can do it without many probs, i`ll just follow some guide =) there are so many...
Guess i`ll have to w8 more time to the the motherboard,cpu and graphic card upgrade...

§hadow_War
:cool:

seanmcne

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
If it was me I would get a new board with a duron or standard Athlon. Parts are cheap I just bought a case Giga-byte board with 650 duron including a floppy for 199.
Why overclock at that speed? If you don't even know the difference between a slot and socket how do you plan on overclocking, good luck!? What do you have that needs more processor power anyhow? If you dont have much money it can't be high priced software. Stuffs dirt cheap take advantage now and deal with what you got. Good luck!

-=-Sean-=-