Need help Overclocking 1045t x6 core phennom ii.

stoofy112

Honorable
Mar 12, 2012
Hello i want some advice on stable bios settings, I am trying to achieve 3.8 but every time i try i get windows to boot but it is still unstable in prime95. Can someone please give me some tips on your experience on overclocking. I have a H60 water cooler for my cpu, and currently have a stable clock at 3.4 with 20 degrees idol and 30 - 33 when running stress test. Can people give me some advice on what i should be tweaking etc to get a stable overclock.

P.s. Im an overclocking noob.

Well if you get it to boot but you get errors in Prime95 and your temps aren't off the charts then it sounds like you never adjusted the core voltage. This is one of the more dangerous parts of overclocking because if you go balls to the wall you can fry your chip. So if you still have it at stock (like 1.25v or something) try moving it up little by little until you achieve stability. Your chip can handle up to 1.45 by factory recommendation but i would try it at 1.35. Also you have a locked multiplier so I'm guessing you had to adjust your FSB to overclock, in that case you may need to downspeed your RAM to get stability.

stoofy112

Honorable
Mar 12, 2012
i adjusted my voltage and my temps are still good, but i cant get it stable, i can only get it stable running at 3.5 hmm. im lost ive lowered my ram to see if that was doing it and the only way i can get it stable is by lowering the FSB. Hmm 3.5 is my limit and im stuck at it. voltage at 1.45 and it still doesnt run stable going past 3.5 so any more ideas?

You said it does run stable at 3.5? Because that's actually pretty good considering stock is 2.7 and you can't unlock the multiplier. If you pass 2 hours of Prime95 at 3.5ghz without overheating I would say you have found the sweet spot on that processor. Percentage wise you've made a huge leap in frequency and that's quite commendable. You may read that some people are able to get that chip higher but that is all situational as every chip does not perform the same at extremes. You could probably get higher clocks with an unlocked model of the chip but I think you've done really well for what you are working with.

stoofy112

Honorable
Mar 12, 2012
Yeh i guess it runs sweet as, yeh fully stable at 3.48 with max temp at 40 degrees under stress test. i guess this is all im going to push with this cpu, well that was fun now i need to buy a better one and push it harder lol, I think i have a new addiction. haha Anyways problem solved. Thanks once again.

Well 40C is actually pretty low so you could try increasing your voltage little by little and increasing your clock speed little by little. The goal is to keep doing this til you BSOD then step it back some til it works then do the prime tests and what not and try to keep full load temps under 60C. But I feel your pain, I just built a new system and after days of tweaking I have it overclocked to the max and now im kinda like "now what do I do? just enjoy my computer and play games?" My gf says I need help and I told her I just need more money for parts.

stoofy112

Honorable
Mar 12, 2012
Well i got stability at 3.5 ghz exzactly.
Cpu Clock Ratio: x12.5
Cpu Nb x8 2240Mhz
Cpu Freq: 280
HT Link: x8 2240 Mhz.
Memory clock: x5.33
Cpu Voltage: 1.375
And also increased voltage on Nb, SB, DDr, And passes 1 hour prime test and i currently use h60 Water cooling with an extra fan to pull more air through the radiator, I am getting 23 - 26 degrees when im doing nothing (web browsing, Music etc) and only maxes out at 34 degrees when playing BF3. Plus 42 Degrees max at end of stress testing. I wish this Cpu didnt have a lock on it it has much more potential.

Drop your HT to x7 -- Keep it around 2000MHz.

Raise you NB/IMC to x9 -- for each 10% you increase IMC/NB speed, memory bandwidth is increased 3-4% and latency is reduced 3-4%. The 'Pros' are going beyond 3000MHz IMC/NB -- around 2500MHz should not be an issue for you in the 1.25v NB range.

What is your stock memory speed?

It's most likely the HT Link speed @ 2250MHz that is holding you back.

And your memory should be set at stock volts and timings with the 5.33 divider you noted.

5.33 x 280MHz = your RAMs speed

Edit: Interestingly enough, if you had DDR3 1866, you could run spec speed at 6.67 x 280MHz