Question Need help overclocking my ram

afishyteddybear

Commendable
Jun 20, 2018
Hi

I recently upgraded my rig to a Ryzen 3700x and I need some help to overclock my G.Skill 32gb 3200MHz CL16 16-18-18-38 ram because when I use the profile in my BIOS my computer screens and mouse wont work after I save the setttings so I have to reset CMOS for it to work again. I searched on youtube for overclocking ram and I started watching the video by Hardware Unboxed, but after downloading the ryzen calculator I wasnt able to download the thaiphoon program because the website is no longer available. I tried to download it via archive org but my virusprogram (bitdefender) blocked the download. Is there a alternative to thaiphoon or can I overclock without this program?

I reinstalled windows after installing the new components so my pc is basically stock. The only thing I have done is install the newest update for the amd chipset and the BIOS.

Components:

GPU: GTX 1080

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x stock

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F

RAM: G.Skill 32gb 3200MHz CL16 16-18-18-38

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

Case fans: 4 Noctua 140mm

PSU: Corsair RM750x v2

Juan_Bijero

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2016
This advisory from Asus: "The stability and compatibility of XMP memory kits that operate beyond the JEDEC standard is not guaranteed because it can be affected by the capabilities of the CPU’s integrated memory controller, installed devices, and the operating frequency of associated bus domains."

afishyteddybear

Commendable
Jun 20, 2018
There are several file share sites that host thaiphoon burner but I was able to go to the official site and it looks to be available, not sure if their site was down for maintenance or something when you tried.
http://www.softnology.biz/files.html
That link doesnt work for me. I have read that the program is a trojan and many that say its not. So if there is a alternative I would rather use that.