Need help overclocking *Overclocking Noob*

Feb 19, 2018
Hey all! I just got a ryzen 1700x and I'm interested in overclocking it, but i have no experience overclocking and was wondering if I could get some help with the process and a safe overclock based on my system specs.

System:
R7 1700x (with a hyper 212 evo cooler)
MSI Tomahawk B350
Gigabyte mini gtx 1080
16gb corsair vengeance LPX RAM
Corsair RM 750w PSU

I'm just wondering what safe OC numbers would look like for this CPU and most of all I don't know much about toying with the voltages. I would appreciate some guidance.

Thanks!

Solution
First off, There's no need to overclock your CPU. If you insist, get Prime95, run it on blend mode. Monitor your temps with AMD Overdrive. After a few minutes, If your temps are below 70c, we can overclock it.

REMINDER: OCing is not dangerous if you don't mess around with the wrong settings (like unlocking extreme overvoltage). But be prepared to face all kind of freezes and crashes.

Before we do this, you might wanna watch some videos to get an idea.
Go to bios, OC tab, OC explore > Expert, CPU core ratio > 37, Disable 'Core performance boost', Disable any power saving option you find like Cool'N'Quiet.
Reference
If you crash, lower your ratio. if you reach 90c+ on prime95, lower your ratio or stop. If not, increase it

As for...

zebarjadi.raouf

Commendable
Jul 10, 2018
First off, There's no need to overclock your CPU. If you insist, get Prime95, run it on blend mode. Monitor your temps with AMD Overdrive. After a few minutes, If your temps are below 70c, we can overclock it.

REMINDER: OCing is not dangerous if you don't mess around with the wrong settings (like unlocking extreme overvoltage). But be prepared to face all kind of freezes and crashes.

Before we do this, you might wanna watch some videos to get an idea.
Go to bios, OC tab, OC explore > Expert, CPU core ratio > 37, Disable 'Core performance boost', Disable any power saving option you find like Cool'N'Quiet.
Reference
If you crash, lower your ratio. if you reach 90c+ on prime95, lower your ratio or stop. If not, increase it

As for voltage, use your auto voltage as a reference and manually decrease it till you start freezing/crashing then increase it slightly.

You can easily disable overclock by resetting BIOS/CMOS.

Also, if you're a gamer or use GPU intensive programs, you would benefit more overclocking your GPU.
Follow this guide: Nvidia OC

Always keep all temps below 85c (long use, few minutes above 85c is ok) and note that OCing increases heat output. Also, remember that R7 1700x has 8 cores, that means even a 0.3GHz OC on all cores is like 0.6GHz OC on a quad core.

Solution