Need Help: PC does not start with Gigabyte Z87X-OC Force

moh19814

Reputable
Apr 26, 2015
Hallo everyone,
I really need your help, I spent the whole day trying to find the problem but I coud not.
I am building my first PC, as following:
CPU: i7-4790
MB: Gigabyte Z87X-OC Force
PSU: Corsair CS550M
RAM: 2 x 4GB Corsiar Vengeance 1600 Mhz.
Case: Corsair Carbide 300R.

I connect everything according to instruction but the PC does not start, and I am not sure what the problem is. I check the Power Switch on the front panel of my case but I could not find any problem with it. I also checked all other connections and switches but everything looks fine. I could only think of the following reasons:

According to Gigabyte instructions, there are three power connectors on the motherboard: ATX_12V_2X4 (8 Pin); ATX_12V (4 Pin); and ATX (24 Pin). From my corsair PSU, I only have the ATX and the ATX_12V_2X4 connectors, which I connect accordingly. I am missing the ATX_12V (4 Pin). The only available cables have either SATA power connector or the 6 pin PCI Express power connector. I try to attach the 6 Pin cable in the ATX_12V (4 Pin) in both orientations, but it did not work at all.

Is this is the problem? Do I need both ATX_12V_2X4 (8 Pin) and ATX_12V (4 Pin), so my computer can start. If yes, any suggestions on how to solve that given the limited options I have from my Corsair PSU.

Note: If I use the Onboard Buttons of the motherboard, I found that, by clicking the OC Ignition button (OC_IGNITION) and then the Power button (PW_SW), the PC start, but no signal; all leds are on, all fans work including the CPU fan, but I obtain no signal from my graphic card.

So, I do not understand what is the problem here, If I need the second ATX_12V (4 Pin), why the motherboard worked when I clicked the onboard buttons. Is there something wrong with my motherboard?

Please Help!!!!

moh19814

Reputable
Apr 26, 2015
I did try to update the bios using the CPU intel i5 4570, but still the motherboard / PC did not start. I even try to clear CMOS, and then pulg power back and test, but still nothing.
The motherboard only light up when I press the onboard button I mentioned earlier.

Any suggestions.
Thanks