Vitorcj

Commendable
Dec 3, 2020
So just came home from work today and tried to start my PC. Right after pressing the power button, it started and about 1 second later it shut down again. It kept doing this process over and over unitil I had to plug it off. Im trying to figure out if the problem is my PSU or the MoBo, or something else.

Things I have already tried / noticed
-After it powers up, the MoBo lights up, all fans start spinning and it shuts down.
-Removing one stick of RAM made the computer last for more 5 seconds before rebooting again.
-After doing this multiple times, the PC just began failing to start at all. No lights, not a thing. Even with No Ram Sticks, 1 Ram stick or 2 Ram sticks.
-After removing all PSU cables including the CPU cable, but left the MoBo cable plugged and tried turning it on, it turned on again, but for half a second and just shuts down again, multiple times.
-Tried the paperclip test with the PSU and the PSU fan spins, but I think not very fast (I don't know how fast it should spin tbh)

It's worth noticing that the PSU is about 15 months old and the MoBo about 4 / 5 years.

CPU: Intel Core I5-9600k
RAM: 2x8GB DDR4 3200Mhz
GPU: RTX 2060
MoBo: AsRock Z370m
PSU: 650W Corsair CX650M

Any sugestions? What probably is the failing part here?

PS: I dont know if this helps or not, but maybe since 2 weeks ago I have been needing to press the power button with more force in order to turn it on

remove the power button cable from the motherboard and use the reset button cable instead, try powering on with the reset button

if this won´t work
remove all devices unnecessary to post, use the video out on the motherboard with your monitor
GPU, 1 RAM (be sure the other stick is in slot B2), all drives and M2s, other devices like USB...(all but keyboard)

check all connections, disconnect and reconnect to be sure it´s locked tightly

Vitorcj

Commendable
Dec 3, 2020
So, my computer case doesn't have a reset button, so I can't try that one. Tried remove everything but the CPU and motherboard and PSU, but it doesn't start at all. However, if I remove the CPU power cable it starts and keeps booting and rebooting really fast

Pc rebooting -video of it rebooting after removing the CPU cable

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021
So just came home from work today and tried to start my PC. Right after pressing the power button, it started and about 1 second later it shut down again. It kept doing this process over and over unitil I had to plug it off. Im trying to figure out if the problem is my PSU or the MoBo, or something else.

Things I have already tried / noticed
-After it powers up, the MoBo lights up, all fans start spinning and it shuts down.
-Removing one stick of RAM made the computer last for more 5 seconds before rebooting again.
-After doing this multiple times, the PC just began failing to start at all. No lights, not a thing. Even with No Ram Sticks, 1 Ram stick or 2 Ram sticks.
-After removing all PSU cables including the CPU cable, but left the MoBo cable plugged and tried turning it on, it turned on again, but for half a second and just shuts down again, multiple times.
-Tried the paperclip test with the PSU and the PSU fan spins, but I think not very fast (I don't know how fast it should spin tbh)

It's worth noticing that the PSU is about 15 months old and the MoBo about 4 / 5 years.

CPU: Intel Core I5-9600k
RAM: 2x8GB DDR4 3200Mhz
GPU: RTX 2060
MoBo: AsRock Z370m
PSU: 650W Corsair CX650M

Any sugestions? What probably is the failing part here?

PS: I dont know if this helps or not, but maybe since 2 weeks ago I have been needing to press the power button with more force in order to turn it on
You mentioned it takes more force to press the button to power it on. Could the power button be getting stuck when you press it in? I had a system do that and I thought the PSU and Mobo were shot… I moved all the parts to another case (which I was gonna do anyways) and it booted right up.

TRENDING THREADS