[SOLVED] Need Help, PC Freezing and BSOD

michaelmack1014

Prominent
Nov 5, 2018
So my rig is freezing. specs at the bottom.
A few weeks back I dabbled with some overclocking. Realized my pc cannot handle it (thermals and what not) so I reverted back to normal settings. As of right now I have no software controlling fans, Core Boost in BIOS is disabled, with AI tweaker on auto so BIOS does everything. While I'm playing a game my rig will just freeze, dead in the water and I have to do a manual shut down. Last week I went through and updated my drivers and all that. Went as far as reapplying thermal paste to my cpu. I had thought it was thermals so i cleaned everything and completely opened my case (no side panel or top cover) so its just open so heat can disperse. I ran memtest and it passed no crashes. Today I got a BSOD, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR with no actual code. I cannot for the life of me figure this out. I have updated my BIOS. I'm just afraid of continuing to play anything cause i do not wanna fry my computer. I just stress tested it via prime 95 blended settting. The 8th worker (which I am assuming is core 8?) fails the test with a "fatal error" as it says. Is it possible that I messed my CPU up when i tried to OC it or maybe the motherboard port itself? Maybe ram, or could it be the PSU possibly. Its worth noting that last week after I did the drivers and went through my pc and deleted unneeded programs everything was fine till tonight, where it froze, i reset it, continued playing, it BSOD about an hour or so later. NO MINI DUMP FILE. Event viewer was no help, and neither was reliability viewer. That is the first BSOD I have ever gotten, normally its just hard freezes, i reset and continue. If anyone can help that would be great, this forum helped me last year when I had a similar issue that turned out to be an underpowered PSU. I'm good with computers to a degree but I know this could be a deep issue and need some backup. If i have to I'm prepared to replace parts or even just get a new PC, I just would like to make sure those are my only options and not something small and stupid. I'm sure I missed stuff its 2am and i have been trying to figure this out for 3 hours now so I am a little delirious, so any more info needed please ask and i can supply. Thank you for any help you can provide.

CPU: AMD FX-8350
Motherboard: Asus m5a99fx pro r2.0
Nvidia Geforce GTX 970
Ram: Crucial tech BLS8G3D1609DS1S00, DDR3 2 sticks for a total of 16gb
SSD and HD
Then a 750w power supply by powerspec.

Solution
The error, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR, related to hardware from MB/cpu to RAM, GPU/PSU, even the hard drive (your SSD too).

So use the SSD only ( assuming it is the boot device), one lower powerful GPU ( if you have extra one), one stick RAM to test the PC again.

One more for the PSU, because I can't find any reviews for it, but one for the PSX-850GFM 850W that is why I said using the lower powerful GPU, in case your PSU can't handle the gtx970.

Also you may try to use the "reliability monitor tool ", if you can use the PC. https://www.howtogeek.com/166911/re...windows-troubleshooting-tool-you-arent-using/
The error, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR, related to hardware from MB/cpu to RAM, GPU/PSU, even the hard drive (your SSD too).

So use the SSD only ( assuming it is the boot device), one lower powerful GPU ( if you have extra one), one stick RAM to test the PC again.

One more for the PSU, because I can't find any reviews for it, but one for the PSX-850GFM 850W that is why I said using the lower powerful GPU, in case your PSU can't handle the gtx970.

Also you may try to use the "reliability monitor tool ", if you can use the PC. https://www.howtogeek.com/166911/re...windows-troubleshooting-tool-you-arent-using/

Solution