Need help Pc freezing or having bsod when gaming

baibumz09

Commendable
Dec 26, 2017
Hi, Im really in a bind here this started last October 2017 my pc suddenly freezing or I get bsod whea uncorrectable or pagefault error when playing games for about 3 mins to 3 hours randomly. I tried to troubleshoot it my self by changing bios setting to default or manually changing the bios.

I also did chkdsk and do a smart check for my hdd turns out its all good then I did memtest86 then the pc just restart with both stick 4gbx2 but the two rams 4gb are ok with just one stick it did 7 pass so I tried to just run my pc by only using one stick of ram and the freezes and bsod are gone when gaming but now with just 4gb ram playing games like black desert, warframe, witcher 3 and GR wildlands lags alot.

Im thinking of buying new ram but both stick of ram didnt get error it just shut off when doing memtest and the ram is ok when using either one of the ram stick so Im also thinking if its the mobo thats faulty. I really want help which of this is causing the issue so I dont waste more money already bought the gfx and psu because I thought back then last december that the PSU was the issue turns out its not.

Pc specs:
Windows 7 64bit
Amd Fx 6300 3.5ghz
Asus M5A78L-M LX mobo
Palit GTX 1050ti 4gb Brand new even with my old 750ti it still causes the freezes
GSKILL F3-14900CL9D-8GBXL 8GB dual DDR3 1866
Seasonic S12II 620 psu brand new (my old psu was a third rate 700watts psu called electron)

Solution
I read reviews of the Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED and it may not be the best cooler if your environment is hot during summer, but it's better than the stock cooler for the CPU. However the motherboard's VRM will receive little cooling and it may throttle the CPU. Personally I'd buy the Fractal Design Core 2500 and add 2 exhaust fans at top and a side intake fan to maximize cooling.

baibumz09

Commendable
Dec 26, 2017

most of my friends don't own a desktop pc mostly laptop or they just use/play in internet/gaming cafe so I dont have extra ram to use also I did try to lower the memory speed and increase the ram voltage but it didnt change a thing. Im from the Philippines by the way so buying pc parts I need to either order online which take a while or ride my way thru capital Manila for like 6 to 8 hours just to buy some good parts the local shop from my place sells junk so its a bit hard for me. That's why i really want to pinpoint which of my hardware is causing the freezes/bsod either ram or mobo. I'm on a tight budget now so I need to choose which to buy a new ram or mobo.

I did test the cpu for issue like occt for almost an hour also check temp and I think its ok with just a single ram stick if i try to use all the ram it freezes again no less then 10 mins in stress testing.

It's difficult to pinpoint an issue like that without having access to spare parts. The most likely cause of that issue is the motherboard, but you obviously can't borrow one. Since the failure can be reproduced within 10 minutes, have you considered bringing it to a trusted shop? If you prefer fixing it yourself, then get another motherboard that you can return if it doesn't fix it.

baibumz09

Commendable
Dec 26, 2017
ok I'll try to find pc tech support so someone with more experience can troubleshoot my pc personally. I'll update my post once the pc guy knows whats causing the freezes/bsod.

baibumz09

Commendable
Dec 26, 2017
well the PC guy says that my cpu cooler(stock) have too much dust and dog fur(have pet inside the house) and the thermal paste was pretty much needed to be change. He also told me if Im getting this freezes when only the day is hot and yeah I realize Im only getting the freezes when the room is really hot only have fan in here dont have an AC. Today is pretty much colder because its raining and we test the pc and theirs no freezing at all also he clean and reapply the thermal paste and advise me to buy a good cooling for the cpu and change the pc case because it can only have one back fan.

Im thinking of buying this https://www.lazada.com.ph/cooler-master-hyper-212-led-cpu-cooler-with-pwm-fan-four-directcontact-heat-pipes-unique-blade-design-and-red-leds-18635218.html?spm=a2o4l.customer.0.0.42fe73723BwDBt and https://www.lazada.com.ph/fractal-design-core-2500-35086925.html?spm=a2o4l.searchlistcategory.list.2.1932aaeeSJxIZN or https://www.lazada.com.ph/fractal-design-core-3300-35087703.html?spm=a2o4l.customer.0.0.42fe7372WFtwDs pretty much within my budget. Also thinking if the cooler can fit properly from the new case and wont get in the way of the ram its pretty close to the cpu.

I read reviews of the Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED and it may not be the best cooler if your environment is hot during summer, but it's better than the stock cooler for the CPU. However the motherboard's VRM will receive little cooling and it may throttle the CPU. Personally I'd buy the Fractal Design Core 2500 and add 2 exhaust fans at top and a side intake fan to maximize cooling.

Solution

You want 2 at top or you should block the hole for the second fan; otherwise the single fan will pull air from inside the case, but it will also pull air from the empty holes besides it making it less efficient.