Distinguished
May 28, 2015
mb:GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 (rev. 1.0) Overview
ram: cosair 16gb
psu:Antec EarthWatts EA-650 Green
cpu: i5 4690k

i have removed graphic card to check.
there is no beep sound from mb.

it just keeps auto restarting, can't even enter bios.
i have tried:
remove coms battery
remove ram
remove cpu, unplug all cable and connect again.

i managed to enter bios once, after change ram stick to another slot, but even after that, i can't enter bios again with the same set up. it seems entering bios depends on luck...

i am really running out of ideas, anything else i can do??
appreciate your help!

PMFTOTC

Distinguished
May 28, 2015
r3yrG2D.jpg

after a while i can boot in to BIOS, then i forced it to boot from windows SSD, then i got this. now i can't enter BIOS again

mb:GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 (rev. 1.0) Overview
ram: cosair 16gb
psu:Antec EarthWatts EA-650 Green
cpu: i5 4690k

i have removed graphic card to check.
there is no beep sound from mb.

it just keeps auto restarting, can't even enter bios.
i have tried:
remove coms battery
remove ram
remove cpu, unplug all cable and connect again.

i managed to enter bios once, after change ram stick to another slot, but even after that, i can't enter bios again with the same set up. it seems entering bios depends on luck...

i am really running out of ideas, anything else i can do??
appreciate your help!
Did you try disconnecting your ssd and all of your drives? Generally this will result in the computer booting into bios since it has nowhere else to go. The BSOD you show in your picture indicates some sort of windows software problem. If you can boot into bios without any internal drives then try booting from a usb stick containing the windows installer or a linux distro. If the linux distro boots successfully then you can at least verify if all of your hardware is functioning properly. You will most likely need to completely reinstall windows so if you can boot from a linux distro you can use it to rescue any essential files on your ssd.

PMFTOTC

Distinguished
May 28, 2015
Did you try disconnecting your ssd and all of your drives? Generally this will result in the computer booting into bios since it has nowhere else to go. The BSOD you show in your picture indicates some sort of windows software problem. If you can boot into bios without any internal drives then try booting from a usb stick containing the windows installer or a linux distro. If the linux distro boots successfully then you can at least verify if all of your hardware is functioning properly. You will most likely need to completely reinstall windows so if you can boot from a linux distro you can use it to rescue any essential files on your ssd.
i have tried these.
i have another ssd with ubuntu (i have dual system.), it stuck at the loading page, too.
i tried with USB stick (windows 10 bootable), it never starts.

the tricky part is, it isn't always able to enter BIOS, 90% of time, it just start -> restart again, never got anything on the screen.
so it took a lot of luck to enter BIOS or any bootable device (HDD/USB)

do you think it's hardware issue? but how come i can still enter BIOS some time (5% of the time maybe)

this is BIOS page when i got to this page.
ek8PKWY.jpg

i have tried these.
i have another ssd with ubuntu (i have dual system.), it stuck at the loading page, too.
i tried with USB stick (windows 10 bootable), it never starts.

the tricky part is, it isn't always able to enter BIOS, 90% of time, it just start -> restart again, never got anything on the screen.
so it took a lot of luck to enter BIOS or any bootable device (HDD/USB)

do you think it's hardware issue? but how come i can still enter BIOS some time (5% of the time maybe)

this is BIOS page when i got to this page.
ek8PKWY.jpg
If you can't enter the bios consistently when there are no drives or usbs connected then its definitely a hardware problem. If the system was more stable reflashing the bios might be an option but with this much instability that seems too risky. Given its age, it may just be dying without a chance of revival.

PMFTOTC

Distinguished
May 28, 2015
If you can't enter the bios consistently when there are no drives or usbs connected then its definitely a hardware problem. If the system was more stable reflashing the bios might be an option but with this much instability that seems too risky. Given its age, it may just be dying without a chance of revival.
but which part i need to replace? i don't have spare one to test. i hope i don't have to buy everything.