Need Help: PC turning on then off then on again repeatedly.

RuthlessRampage

Honorable
Jan 11, 2014
This is my first PC build, so initial apologies if I don't understand some terms.

I just finished building, when I power on my pc everything turns on; fans, cpu cooler, gpu cooler, leds (mobo and case). After 5-10 seconds everything powers down after a few seconds powers back on, this happens repeatedly. Nothing shows up on my monitor also (plugged a dvi-d to my gpu and my mobo).

Things I've done:

* Unplugged and replugged everything
* Checked thermals and gpu
* Checked every screw
* Left only 1 slot of ram in
* Tested my psu with a testing 24pin connector that comes with the psu
* Unplugged the gpu

PC Build: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/99k6RG

At this point I'm fairly confident it's a problem with my mobo, not sure what else to do atm. I have 1 day left to get a rma with ncix. Should I get it tested with them or return it?

*When I did a test run before I put the mobo inside my case, the same thing occurred, I didn't think much of it at the time because everything turned on so I figured everything was working.

RuthlessRampage

Honorable
Jan 11, 2014

The power supply seems to be working properly. Evga has a 24pin testing tool that let's you turn on the power supply and not plug it into the motherboard. Although it might also be the psu to cpu connecting cord. I've also taken my mobo into a store, they turned it on and got into the bios no problem (with their own components).

power supplies when they begin to go bad will often have voltage fluctuations. This can cause the behavior you are seeing. The testing tool will not show any results if it is still delivering some current but the MOBO will shut down if a fluctuation is noticed.