Need help picking a 980 Ti

Pankaikz

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2014
I am still ordering/saving for parts for my new build. My question: What brand and model GTX 980 Ti should I get? I already have an X99 motherboard and I'm getting the i7 5930K for the 40 PCI lanes. They're going to be in 3 way SLI. To start out, they're going to be air cooled, but after a few months, I am going to run a liquid cooling loop that encompasses my CPU, GPUs, and perhaps some of the other components. I have seen benchmarks that name the MSI Gaming 6G as the best performing of the 980 Ti variants (factory clock/air cooled). I really like ASUS and they have the ROG Poseidon that has an integrated water block. It's substantially more than most others, though. EVGA has their Hybrid model, which has a built-in closed loop cooler and only cost an extra 50 dollars over an ASUS STRIX or MSI Gaming 6G. I do plan to OC, but I don't care to break any records. I am just looking for the most bang for my buck (up to $700).

So, to summarize:
What brand/version 980 Ti will give me the most bang for my buck? I want to liquid cool it and I will overclock it.

Pankaikz

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2014
Lots and lots of monitors. 5-7 1080p 27" monitors in portrait with a 40" 3D 1080p on top. Games are going to look fantastic(hopefully). It really won't cost that much to get the monitors. The center monitor is going to be expensive, then the next two are going to be moderate, then the outer monitors are just going to be "cheap" displays.