Dec 10, 2006
srry for making a pretty much noob post
but
im currently building my first pc
im pretty much set on most of my parts
i already have my case and power supply
and im getting the rest of my parts for xmas
for an idea on what im working with
AMD AM2 socket Athlon 64 X2 either 3800+ or 4200+ depending on how much money i get
1g of DDR2
eVGA nvidia geforce 7950GT ko, i might even get the superclocked version if i have the money

but im pretty much clueless on good brands and things i should look for and avoid in boards

well
here are some of the things i know im looking for in a board
for starters i want to try to keep it under $200, around $150 if possible
because im not going to have that much money which i know is a problem when building a gaming pc, and i dont want to have to cut back to much on other parts
second
i definatly want to make sure the board is SLI capable
because im planning on getting another video card and upgrading to 2g of RAM in april
i want an nforce 5 chipset
i also want to make sure it has sufficiant cooling and that it wont be too hard to get working
im pretty good at all kinds of tech things
but i dont want getting it to work to be to challenging for me and me possibly damaging my components

anyway
i would really apreciate it if anyone could help me pick a board
thanks

TabrisDarkPeace

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2006
How about any of these: Abit KN9-SLI, Abit Fatal1ty AN9 32X, and Abit AN9 32X ?

Which country are you in too ? (eg: US$ or AU$, difference can be big at times).

All listed at:
http://www.abit.com.tw/page/au/motherboard/motherboard_type.php?fMTYPE=Socket+AM2

and on NewEgg here:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?DEPA=0&type=&Description=abit+am2+sli&Submit=ENE&N=0&Ntk=all&Go.x=0&Go.y=0

They have a few there you might be interested in, that should suit your desirables well. Esp if you're talking in US$ (I talk in AU$ normally).

And just in case you need a copy:
nForce 500 series chipsets are listed here, by spec table:

http://www.nvidia.com/page/nforce5_specs_amd.html
- Products | Motherboard | nForce 500 Series for AMD | Tech Specs

8) - Tabris:DarkPeace

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
srry for making a pretty much noob post
but
im currently building my first pc
im pretty much set on most of my parts
i already have my case and power supply
and im getting the rest of my parts for xmas
for an idea on what im working with
AMD AM2 socket Athlon 64 X2 either 3800+ or 4200+ depending on how much money i get
1g of DDR2
eVGA nvidia geforce 7950GT ko, i might even get the superclocked version if i have the money

but im pretty much clueless on good brands and things i should look for and avoid in boards

well
here are some of the things i know im looking for in a board
for starters i want to try to keep it under $200, around $150 if possible
because im not going to have that much money which i know is a problem when building a gaming pc, and i dont want to have to cut back to much on other parts
second
i definatly want to make sure the board is SLI capable
because im planning on getting another video card and upgrading to 2g of RAM in april
i want an nforce 5 chipset
i also want to make sure it has sufficiant cooling and that it wont be too hard to get working
im pretty good at all kinds of tech things
but i dont want getting it to work to be to challenging for me and me possibly damaging my components

anyway
i would really apreciate it if anyone could help me pick a board
thanks
If your budget will at all allow, be sure to get DDR2-800. Anything slower will not maximize your performance. GL :)

wiglebienie

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2006
thanks
i'll look into those
also
yeah
im going to try and get 800, if i cant im going to upgrade to that as soon as possible