[SOLVED] Need help picking cheap gpu for now

TechGuy75

Reputable
Nov 19, 2020
As we all know mid to high level gpus are almost impossible to get right now and not sure for how long in the foreseeable future. I cannot wait for them to come back in stock. I am doing a new build now, and my main purpose is for office work/programming and some light old and retro gaming. I need to get this build up and running for at least the office work.

so, I would like to buy the cheapest gpu I can for now to be able to run the machine for ms office, youtube viewing, web browsing, stuff like that. No games for now. Can you recommend me the cheapest, problem free gpu with working drivers for windows 10? I want to spend as little as possible, within reason, since I will sell it when I get a real card for games and such, so I dont want to lose much money on the sale. I plan to use a 32” 4 k screen, most likely at 60hz. Thanks.

Solution
The rig is solid, so you can run anything you want on it. A GT 1030 is, as recommended above, the way I would go in your situation. It's not a GPU people are buying because they can't get a 3080 and with nothing announced so far of the new GPUs that could compete in this space, it'll likely retain it's $50-$70 value in the used market.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
The rig is solid, so you can run anything you want on it. A GT 1030 is, as recommended above, the way I would go in your situation. It's not a GPU people are buying because they can't get a 3080 and with nothing announced so far of the new GPUs that could compete in this space, it'll likely retain it's $50-$70 value in the used market.

Solution

M3rKn

Respectable
Nov 13, 2019
if you wanna go dirt cheep get at GT 710

edit: unrelated to GPU not sure what kind of work you do, but the Samsung 970 evo is really cheep right now, I have seen them as low as 129 usd or a Gen 4 ssd to compliment your x570