Need Help Picking "Clean" Case

sebastian869

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2009
Every time I built a new system I always had to buy a new case. I'm simply looking for a mid-tower and that’s never the issue. The problem I keep having like the plague is dirt, it seems like I can never find a case that has adequate air cooling but at the same time good filter design. I'm looking for a case that has a more modern design than the past where it was just a box that had to fit the hardware. At this point I'm also looking for a case that is designed from the begging to cool better by letting the air move from front to back in an efficient manner (the direction does not matter and in fact I don’t know what direction is best, the only one that I'm weary of is a "open top" where fans are installed in the top of the case) and lastly I'm looking for a case that has easy to clean filters unlike my current lian li case where you have to disassemble the front fascia to get at the filters.

Thanks,
Sebastian

Solution
I have a few suggestions:

Corsiar 760T

It's beautiful and functional, and yes, it's clean. I believe it has easily removable dust filters.

NZXT H440

This case also has a "clean" look and comes in a variety of colors. The case is downright silent, and has tons of space for water cooling.

Some more advice: if you find a case that you really like but does not have good filters, you can always buy dust filters separately.

DerpyHackintosh

Honorable
Nov 10, 2013
I have a few suggestions:

Corsiar 760T

It's beautiful and functional, and yes, it's clean. I believe it has easily removable dust filters.

NZXT H440

This case also has a "clean" look and comes in a variety of colors. The case is downright silent, and has tons of space for water cooling.

Some more advice: if you find a case that you really like but does not have good filters, you can always buy dust filters separately.

Solution

sebastian869

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2009
thanks for the answers. What do you guys think of the fan on top of the case, obviously i wownt allow dirst if its well disgne airflow and running but during "off time" its a huge hole in the case, ive never had a case with one. Am i over doing it or is this a real issue with those type

sebastian869

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2009

Hi i was actually looking at the 440 and heard it does not support an 5 1/4 for a dvd drive etc, do you know if that is something where there is no work around?

thanks

I worried about that too so I just put a pantyhose filter on the topside of the fan. The filter does get a little dusty from time to time, but since the filter is between the fan and the case a swiffer duster cloth over the top of the case gets the dust cleaned from the filter.

DerpyHackintosh

Honorable
Nov 10, 2013

The NZXT h440 does not have support for 5 1/4 bays, but you can always get an external usb DVD drive.

If you get the H440, DO NOT use an all in one cooler in it. The top vent will cause your temps to rise with an all in one up 20 degrees C. I just returned my H440 yesterday because of it. If you don't mind having the top off, you will get great temperatures (but the ports and power button are exposed). I did not like the top off, because of the bright LED from the power switched and the exposed ports. You cannot fit a DVD drive in there and the only way you can have one is to get an external drive.

Also, it isn't that silent. The fans are constantly running at the max RPM due to the fan hub not having a fan controller with it or not having PWM capabilities. However, it is not loud. If you have a loud PSU or HDD, those will be muffled. I enjoyed that as my HDD is loud.

The solid construction of the case felt good in the hand.

Be wary of the cable management. Unless you have ribbon cables, you will have to fight to fit the back cover on.

For a case that has the air move from front to back, and is modern looking, you might want to look at the Corsair Carbide Air 540. It features everything that you'd like in a case. Easy to clean filters, lots of airflow, quiet fans (quietest fans I have ever used besides Noctua fans), great cable management, and room for your DVD drive (unlike the H440). It does not come with a PSU dust filter, but any 140mm magnetic $5 dust filter from Silverstone (or anybody else) will work. It also doesn't have a top filter, but adding fans, or a radiator, or a simple cheap dust filter will work.
If you like the 760t, you probably will like the white version of this case.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=corsair+carbide+air+540&N=-1&isNodeId=1