Need help picking computer components.

RalphhFlowers

Reputable
Dec 27, 2014
The build that I have thought up so far is in this link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/fWJPhM
The CPU is decided I picked the best AMD that I could find (I do know that Intel can outdo AMD, however I am trying to keep the prices accessible), the motherboard I am unsure, but I expecting to play demanding games like Crysis at high definition. I need major help with the cooling system (please let me know if there is a better option I am trying to get a liquid cooling if possible but want to keep price below $160 for CPU Cooler). I am also rather ignorant about cases but I picked a mid tower since I don't think I'm going to put as much hardware. Is the PSU good enough, I am planning to overclock the the CPU and GPU a bit.(No Optical Drive I don't use those anyways). Thanks in advance.

motorboatinking

Reputable
Dec 22, 2014
You do not need 16gb of ram unless you plan on doing video editing. If gaming is the hardest thing you will do on your computer than go with 8gb. The case you have in the link is a mid not a full, which is fine. The 970 is an amazing GPU. I have 2 in SLI and love them. Your PSU is more than enough. You could go down if you wanted, or keep it for future upgrades. A 650 PSU would do fine. I would also go with windows 8, and if you can afford it, get an SSD for your OS.