Question Need help picking my monitor

georger2

Reputable
Nov 11, 2017
I have made a small research and i concluded that the best monitor for me is one with 1080p resolution, 1 ms delay and 144Hz refresh rate, i have a budget of around 200€. The best monitor i managed to find is AOC 24g2u. Now i have two questions, firstly, is this monitor the best one i can find with this budget or should i look for something else? And secondly, on the website i am planning to buy the monitor has two used for sale, one has a stuck pixel (which i found online that i can fix on my own) and the other one, which is slightly more expensive has no problems at all. Both of them have their full warranty (3 years ). Is it worth the risk buying a used monitor, even if i still have the warranty, and if so should i go for the one with the stuck pixel and attempt to fix it myself online?

I have made a small research and i concluded that the best monitor for me is one with 1080p resolution, 1 ms delay and 144Hz refresh rate, i have a budget of around 200€. The best monitor i managed to find is AOC 24g2u. Now i have two questions, firstly, is this monitor the best one i can find with this budget or should i look for something else? And secondly, on the website i am planning to buy the monitor has two used for sale, one has a stuck pixel (which i found online that i can fix on my own) and the other one, which is slightly more expensive has no problems at all. Both of them have their full warranty (3 years ). Is it worth the risk buying a used monitor, even if i still have the warranty, and if so should i go for the one with the stuck pixel and attempt to fix it myself online?
You can't always fix a dead pixel, or so I've heard. I'd just go for a new monitor since that should be easy for your budget. This's a 1ms 144hz VA panel which is amazing for gaming https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GD7H18F?tag=pcpapi-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1
only $180 usd which is 135. I hope that helps. Maybe you could put the extra cash to some ram or some nice m.2 storage? :D

here's some useful info for the monitor

Luminance:
Contrast 45
Brightness 35
Eco Mode Standard
Gamma 3
DCR Off
Color Normal

Game Settings:
Game Mode Off
Shadow Control 50
Low Input Lag On (On for desktop work, Off for in game, less lag much smoother, yes Off here per manual and it feels correct)
Game Color 10
LowBlue Internet
Override STRONG (For Desktop Work. Off for in Game, only setting when Lag is set off)
Freesync On

Some user talked about these settings working good. Please tinker with your monitor settings, so you can have you monitor performing as you want.

georger2

Reputable
Nov 11, 2017
You can't always fix a dead pixel, or so I've heard. I'd just go for a new monitor since that should be easy for your budget. This's a 1ms 144hz VA panel which is amazing for gaming https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GD7H18F?tag=pcpapi-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1
only $180 usd which is 135. I hope that helps. Maybe you could put the extra cash to some ram or some nice m.2 storage? :D

here's some useful info for the monitor

Luminance:
Contrast 45
Brightness 35
Eco Mode Standard
Gamma 3
DCR Off
Color Normal

Game Settings:
Game Mode Off
Shadow Control 50
Low Input Lag On (On for desktop work, Off for in game, less lag much smoother, yes Off here per manual and it feels correct)
Game Color 10
LowBlue Internet
Override STRONG (For Desktop Work. Off for in Game, only setting when Lag is set off)
Freesync On

Some user talked about these settings working good. Please tinker with your monitor settings, so you can have you monitor performing as you want.
I checked the monitor and its price is 180 pounds which is 200 euros : https://prnt.sc/vguomb