Motherboard: ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3

CPU: FX-6300

CPU Fan: Cryorig H7

RAM: Ripjaw X - 4x8gb (32gb)

Solid State Drive: Samsung 850 EVO - 500gb

Addition Case Fans: 4x120mm fans

Graphics Card: NONE yet. (no SLI)

Operating System: Windows 10

Okay. Here's my situation. I need help to find a PSU. The PSU doesn't have to be fully modular. I'm fine with wires hanging inside my computer case. However, I careless about efficiency. I just need a qualified PSU that will not destroy any of my components like MOBO, SSD etc.

I do also have two questions regarding to the PSU wattage. What is the average wattage for a basic setups with a video card? And, what is the average wattage for majority of video cards out there? I'm asking this questions because I haven't made up my mind yet on the video card, but I really want to buy a PSU that can handle most or all video cards. I don't want to run into the situation where I have to upgrade another PSU just because I'm upgrading my video card. I want to be able to change graphics cards without changing PSU.

I do know there are tier level of PSU. Since I'm a rookie, hopefully I can get some help here. If anyone has any recommended PSU, please let me know. Maybe the best cheap PSU? (i know im not making sense now)

Again, What is the average wattage for a basic setups with a video card? And, what is the average wattage for majority of video cards out there?

Thanks.

Your system does not require much wattage at all without a graphics card. Right now, it uses less than 250 watts, with a graphics card it'll depend much more, but you can expect about 200 watts there on the upper end of the average.

I would say 500 to 550 watt supply is more than enough.

Here's a link to a good PSU for your needs: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151094

Solution