Need Help Picking Which GTX 1060 To Get

McSkops

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2015
Hello,

My 780 (MSI) died, so I'm looking for something to replace it. I only have 1080p and don't play too many new titles. 1060s seem to be the best choice right now, but which brand?

Currently I'm looking EVGA and MSI:

EVGA 1060 SC 6GB (Single Fan)
EVGA 1060 SSC 6GB (Twin Fan)
MSI 1060 GAMING X 6GB
MSI 1060 ARMOR 6GB

EVGA are the cheaper option and I can get extended warranty too, but I question how reliable they are. Meanwhile, MSI are more expensive and only give 3 years warranty, but their card is probably better overall?

Appreciate any help

Solution
they are all good with similar performance, cooling is the most important thing with GPU's. the cooler they are the better they will be able to maintain it's boost. In the end the 1060 6gb is a great 1080p card, I had a single fan MSI card that worked really well gave me no trouble same with other MSI cards I've had, I'd go with them if possible. EVGA is good stuff too...
they are all good with similar performance, cooling is the most important thing with GPU's. the cooler they are the better they will be able to maintain it's boost. In the end the 1060 6gb is a great 1080p card, I had a single fan MSI card that worked really well gave me no trouble same with other MSI cards I've had, I'd go with them if possible. EVGA is good stuff too...

Solution