[SOLVED] Need help planning airflow

dejavu619

Honorable
Jul 29, 2014
My case: https://www.deepcool.com/product/case/2014-04/9_824.shtml

I just have one fan in the rear. No fans in the front, top or sides. Specs are: Ryzen 5 5600x, gtx 1070ti mini, MSI B550M Pro VDH WiFi. My CPU hits 80 degrees while gaming even though usage is hardly 20%. I'm using it with stock cooler and preapplied thermal paste. Also, should I keep my PSU fans facing up or down? I keep the PC on my desk so there's no carpets involved.

Solution
Why do you have to choose?
Both upgrades are necessary.

Intake fan is absolutely necessary for a gaming pc setup.
Stock fan for Ryzen 5 5600x (wraith stealth) is rather inadequate for this cpu.

If you can't get both upgrades, then you could relocate rear exhaust fan to front intake position. That would improve airflow.

SlavfromBulgaria

Commendable
Apr 29, 2020
My case: https://www.deepcool.com/product/case/2014-04/9_824.shtml

I just have one fan in the rear. No fans in the front, top or sides. Specs are: Ryzen 5 5600x, gtx 1070ti mini, MSI B550M Pro VDH WiFi. My CPU hits 80 degrees while gaming even though usage is hardly 20%. I'm using it with stock cooler and preapplied thermal paste. Also, should I keep my PSU fans facing up or down? I keep the PC on my desk so there's no carpets involved.
Hello!
That case doesn't have very good airflow, I don't think the air can freely flow through all the drive cages. Best bet is from the sides. Also, if you want to lower CPU temps, get a better cooler, the Arctic Freezer 34 eSports DUO is great price-performance. I don't think the stock cooler can cut it on that CPU. As for the PSU - keep the fans down, that's why there are holes in the bottom of your cage.
Hope this helps.

Why do you have to choose?
Both upgrades are necessary.

Intake fan is absolutely necessary for a gaming pc setup.
Stock fan for Ryzen 5 5600x (wraith stealth) is rather inadequate for this cpu.

If you can't get both upgrades, then you could relocate rear exhaust fan to front intake position. That would improve airflow.

Reactions: SlavfromBulgaria
Solution