Question need help, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

shacker chacker

Commendable
Jan 26, 2017
so i dont remember how exactly but somehow the fingerprint reader on mt laptop is not getting recognized in setting it says there is no windows hello compatible device and in device manager it is showing my sensor under biometrics but there is a yellow warning symbol behind it and when i open its properties its shows that device cant start code 10

here are the things i have tried until now but didnt work

1 uninstall the device in device manager and click on check for hardware changes

2 check for updated driver online using the properties

3 uninstall the driver and install the latest driver from my laptop company for that sensor

4 there was no update so i even got the latest insider build

5 tried using 2 softwares drivereasy and reimage

6 used this code in cmd dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and restarted and the fingerprint sign in option didnt appear at the login page but in setting the sensor was showing up so i thought i needed to sign in once to activate it so i locked my laptop but even then the fingerprint sign in option didnt appear and also after signing in the second time it again started showing no fingerprint devices in settings

i really dont know what to do please help whoever can help me

Colif

Win 11 Master
What make/model laptop is it?

4. insider likely make it harder to get working drivers as hardware makers make drivers fro released versions of windows, not beta ones.. so might run into more troubles

5. I don't recommend any programs like these as they can and will install wrong drivers

6. DISM is more for correcting windows image files, you would want to run SFC after it was run to actually fix anything..

shacker chacker

Commendable
Jan 26, 2017
1 it is lenovo ideapad 520 81bf

2 actually believe me or not insider kinda fixed it like after a shutdown and start it got fixed it happened like this once before but stopped working again not sure what is the problem

3 how to run sfc

also you went directly to 4th point did you miss something in the post?

Colif

Win 11 Master
also you went directly to 4th point did you miss something in the post?

No, i just answered the points of your post I had something to say about :)

Lenovo don't have a site that shows which devices are tested with 1903 yet, which I assume is the build number of the Insider since that is next build number for the May Version that isn't out yet. So its possible there is a problem with their drivers and some change in the insider build itself

how to run SFC:
right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
restart PC once its finished.

duplicate of this thread: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/my-laptops-fingerprint-sensor-is-not-working.3470614/ - really shouldn't make multiple posts about same thing. Closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.