Question need help please urgent

Mar 16, 2019
So i was playing with msi afterburner and i overclocked my msi rtx 2080 gaming x trio 150 hz for the gpu clock and 800 hz fpr the memory hit ok and then i scaned with the oc scanner instant hard crash r reeboot nothing no signal monitor, reeboot several times still nothing, took of the ram changed pci e slots, cleares cmos by removing baterry and still nothimg, im panicking a bit i dont know what to did i dmg my my gpu, does anyone know if its possible to dmg it like dat ill leave my specs plz help

asus strix x470 f
msi trx 2080 gaming x trio
corsair 750x psu
ryzen 2700x stock
16 gb trident flare x for ryzen

Removed 1st time i try to oc and this happens

ps computer is new has 5 months o assembled it

Last edited by a moderator:

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Shouldn't have damaged gpu, i hope. Usually overclocking gpu's is pretty safe long as voltages haven't been ridiculously increased.

Boot to safemode, hopefully it get's there as gpu driver/Msi afterburner should be limited. Uninstall Msi Afterburner and reboot. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2019
Shouldn't have damaged gpu, i hope. Usually overclocking gpu's is pretty safe long as voltages haven't been ridiculously increased.

Boot to safemode, hopefully it get's there as gpu driver/Msi afterburner should be limited. Uninstall Msi Afterburner and reboot. Fingers crossed.
My problem is i get no signal on the monitor everything looks cool and working but like i have a ryzen 7 it has no integrated graphics and i dont have any gpu other than this one the machine wont post and before i overclock the system was perfect. So i assume it was thoc i did, and i chose to start afterburner with windows, if oc it realy did dmg my gpu do u think its covered by waranty? Thank you

Mar 16, 2019
So i was twiking in msi afterburner i added 150 mhz to gpu clock and 800 mhz to memory clock saved a chose to open msi afterburner with windows i runed the msi oc scanner instant hard crash, i reboot everything looks fine all looks powered but no signal on monitor i tried the cmos reset short the jumpers take off the cmos baterry put it in nothing i tried swaping ram sticks in all dimm slots nothing took off m.2 ssd install it again still no signal. Now im getting the green led on the motherboard,it only supposed to blink once but its always on i checked manual and its says it s a booting problem of course. What should i do ? Do u think is the mobo or gpu? The system has 5 months and was assembled by me was running good before the overclock please need help thank you

boju

Titan
Ambassador
If you do come back, need to know if you're able to get into the bios or not or is there no display at all at post?

Ram slots used for two sticks are always A2 and B2 (2nd and 4th slot) on any modern motherboard. Check as well you put the cmos battery back the same way with the + facing up.

1K39hPk.png