[SOLVED] NEED HELP PLEASE!

Sep 18, 2020
I have a 144hz display screen. When my fps drops in any game it feels like im playing on console. it won't go under 60 fps and it still feels terrible. I have seen people that get 90-100 fps and their games still look smooth. I just don't want my game to feel like this. PLZ HELP

Last edited:
Solution
So, that monitor supports both Freesync AND G-sync, and it sounds to me like you've not played around with those settings at all. I'd experiment with enabling Freesync, since you have an AMD card, as well as with V-sync settings in the Nvidia control panel.
NOT HERE TO ADVERTISE!
Not here to advertise what?

The fact that you have a 144hz display? Everybody does these days, it's not impressive anymore since practically everything comes with a 144hz refresh rate now.

WHAT display do you have? Does it have Freesync? G-sync? What are you full system specs? What kind of quality settings are you playing at? What resolution?

Reactions: PC Tailor
Sep 18, 2020
Not here to advertise what?

The fact that you have a 144hz display? Everybody does these days, it's not impressive anymore since practically everything comes with a 144hz refresh rate now.

WHAT display do you have? Does it have Freesync? G-sync? What are you full system specs? What kind of quality settings are you playing at? What resolution?
I have a 5700 xt/Ryzen 5 3600/16 gbs of ram with a 144hz monitor. All the settings are on low and i have V-Sync off. Its 1920/1080 res

So, that monitor supports both Freesync AND G-sync, and it sounds to me like you've not played around with those settings at all. I'd experiment with enabling Freesync, since you have an AMD card, as well as with V-sync settings in the Nvidia control panel.

Solution