Need help pleaseeee

May 18, 2019
Hey guys, I'm really desperate for some help here to troubleshoot my computer. I recently bought a computer from a friend since he was upgrading. Been using it for two months no problems until 2 weeks ago it stopped working. Motherboard posted the code 00 and computer would not boot. After trying to figure out the problem I left my computer on with the 00 code, it eventually booted up normally (after 5 minutes) and I checked everything. Ran a stress test, nothing failed, no frame lags, no freeze or bsod. Eventually the computer stayed 00 when booting so I've tried, switching out the ram (instead of using 32gb, used a single slot of 8gb). Doesn't work, switching out to a brand new motherboard, no luck, new psu, no luck, different CPU, no luck. This is all while I'm using the onboarding graphics, no actual GPU on the mobo. Now it won't boot at all, it starts then shuts off. I'm literally pulling my hairs out!!! Would love some help and advice!!

Specs
Motherboard: ROG Maximus IX Code
CPU: Intel i7-7700k
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2
Ram: TridentZ RGB (F4-3000C16D-16GTZR)
GPU: Strix 980ti
PSU: Thermaltake RGB 850w
SSD: Samsung Evo
HDD: x2 WD 2tb Black

kerangovender

Commendable
Nov 26, 2017
You can do the following beforehand:
  1. take out everything, disassemble the whole system
  2. Use compressed air to blow any dust or dirt particles from the CPU socket and RAM, maybe clean all RAM slots with isopropyl alcohol and a toothbrush
  3. Start with installing a CPU only. Try to boot it up and see if you get any POST codes. If you get to the part where your board beeps 3 times or shows a "no memory detected" code, then proceed further
  4. Install a single stick of RAM, try to boot the board and see if you get a GPU error ("no console output device found"). If you do, then try installing all RAM and see if you get the same behavior.
  5. Install a GPU and check if your PC finally boots. If not, there may be an issue with a GPU, or a PCIe controller on the CPU itself. If it boots, then you can try installing your drives.

There is a "loose" reference table of POST codes in your motherboard's manual (only which range of codes indicates which component is initializing, no detailed descriptions of each code)... If you get anything on Qcode display, you can google it .

If you got to step 2 and your board still shows no signs of life, then it's probably a good time to find a fully working CPU.

There really isn't much else to try.