[SOLVED] Need help pls mixing same brand rams.

Oct 11, 2020
Hello guys. I just build my own pc with 1x8go ram corsair 3000mhz 1.35v cl16 and i enabeld xmp and set the speed to 2666mhz and latency down it self auto to cl15 and voltage to 1.20 (i didnt toutch voltage)after few weeks i bought another 8go ram corsair 2666mhz 1.20v cl16 (still on transit) my question is that will effect compatiblity even both using 2666mhz and the 3000mhz will up it self to cl16 to match the other one ? and i will getting less fps than using same rams? and should i disable xmp after installing the new one. Thanks for understanding my english still improving it.

Solution
Thanks for your replay. right now cant do anything but i wanna know if both work fine without crashing or something like that the performance fps in game will be the same as normal 2x8 module ? To under stand me more : 2x8 mixed like i did vs 2x8 not mixed.

If your unable to do anything right now then do some research into the problems of mixing RAM kits.

Here is an article that explains the issue.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthre...e-memory-kits!-The-meat-and-potatoes-overview
Your RAM frequency if they work would only run at 2666MHz.
You take a gamble mixing RAM kits due to differences in Latency.
DIMMs are binned at the factory into matching pairs or Quads.

Yes they sometimes work but usually there is a mismatch.
It is best to get a 16GB kit (2x8) that are listed on the MB QVL and keep the module you have as spares.

Reactions: Driss samlali
Oct 11, 2020
Your RAM frequency if they work would only run at 2666MHz.
You take a gamble mixing RAM kits due to differences in Latency.
DIMMs are binned at the factory into matching pairs or Quads.

Yes they sometimes work but usually there is a mismatch.
It is best to get a 16GB kit (2x8) that are listed on the MB QVL and keep the module you have as spares.
Thanks for your replay. right now cant do anything but i wanna know if both work fine without crashing or something like that the performance fps in game will be the same as normal 2x8 module ? To under stand me more : 2x8 mixed like i did vs 2x8 not mixed.

If your unable to do anything right now then do some research into the problems of mixing RAM kits.

Here is an article that explains the issue.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthre...e-memory-kits!-The-meat-and-potatoes-overview

Reactions: Driss samlali
Solution