Question Need help port forwarding

Dec 10, 2014
Hi, this is my first post and I have been trying to port forward for the past 3 days and have read multiple forums and watched many videos and I just don't understand it. There's always information that isn't how my router is listed and it just confuses the heck out of me.

My router model number is VMG3925-B10A

I'm trying to set up a server on my computer for a game called BeamNG.Drive that has a new mod available for multiplayer and I donated a bit to get access to my own server for my friends and I and I just can't seem to get it or understand it.
I've tried doing it myself but I just don't understand it at all and need someone to walk me through it or something. I'm not very smart with this stuff and have no problem admitting that.

Section 11.2 has the information on how to setup port forwarding for your router.
https://www.zyxel.com/us/en/uploads/images/VMG3925-B10A_UG_v5-11_ed1_2015-11-11.pdf

In a nutshell port forwarding is routing an incoming connection to a specific spot on your internal network.

Say your external IP address is 1.1.1.1 and your internal network is 192.168.1.1/24. You have a game server in your internal network set to an address 192.168.1.10 and the game's listening port is 8443. You create a port forwarding rule that says an external connection coming to your 1.1.1.1 address over port 8443 will be rerouted to your internal 192.168.1.10 server over port 8443.

Dec 10, 2014
Guess, I'm on my own for this. I've read enough of these guides to kill a cow and being sent away to another guide isn't helping me.

This is just another instance of people assuming we all learn the same way when some people simply don't learn by reading. Some of us learn by visually seeing it done. But, it's not your fault you don't know this as you've been led to believe that we all are the same or something. Not your fault and I'm not mad at you, I'm just frustrated that everyone I ask does the same thing, points me to a forum or guide that is the same as I've already seen.

I'll keep working and not trying to be a dick, I'm just frustrated that every single person I ask for help just tells me to read something. Gets pretty annoying quite fast. Thanks for the reply.