Need help! Radiator Placement

Jul 25, 2018
I have recently just ordered a NZXT Kraken x62 and am wondering if I will be able to fit it in the front of my case while still being able to keep the three 120mm fans that are already there.

I have the Coolermaster Masterbox Lite 5 rgb , this case came with three rgb fans mounted on the outside of the front the case (not sure if that makes sense) and I was trying to see if I could mount the radiator against half of those 120mm fans and then put the other two 140mm fans on the inside of the case, sort of a push pull configuration.

Anyway, I know this is super vague but if anyone can help me out I would really appreciate it.

Solution
Ah, yes, a 360mm rad would reach into that lower area. I see what you're saying. Even if too thick you could still leave out the bottom fan in that case and at least have 3 stock fans outside and 2 inside. The situation looks good for your 280mm rad. Only other thing for you to worry about would be graphics card length, but this guy has a pretty big one in his Masterbox Lite 5: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/XRCbt6

Yeah, I think the 140mm mounting holes should be visible just outside the footprint of the 120mm fans.

Lutfij

Titan
The x62 AIo is a 280mm radiator. The fans included in your case are 120mm variants, so no it won't work with the existing fans. I'd suggest removing the 120mm fans and installing the AIO at the front in either push or pull. If you want a Push/Pull setup, you're going to need the same set of fans that are on the radiator.

If you think your post is (super)vague, it'd help if you included as much information as possible+if you added some images as examples.

Jul 25, 2018

Yeah I thought they wouldn't work because obviously a 120mm fan cannot connect with a 280mm radiator, but here is what the case sort of looks like (I am not home at the moment, can't take photos of my actual case)

I could just be an actual idiot but it sort of looks as if I could mount the radiator against the metal frame.
However, if it comes down to it I'll just remove the front fans.

33.jpg

base.jpg

Jul 25, 2018

Yeah on the photo above you can see there is like a glossy see through panel for the front of the case, and if you take it off all three of the 120mm fans are mounted on the outside of it. I suppose if I get long enough screws I could manage it? Anyway I guess I will figure out when it arrives.

Jul 25, 2018

Hopefully that's the case, if it is I will be able to have the two 140mm fans for the rad and the 120mm fans just for intake and rgb looks I suppose. I appreciate the help from everyone.

Jul 25, 2018

For sure, the AIO arrives next monday so we'll see what happens then. Really banking on it fitting lol

See the manual for your case here: http://www.coolermaster.com/xresserver01-DLFILE-P17071700010980-F17110200019559.html

Section 8, figure 3 shows a 280mm rad being mounting like you have in your drawing, but 2 things to note. Do the arrows in your drawing represent the airflow direction? If so, they shouldn't be in opposing directions like that. I think the recommendation is to bring cool air into the radiator from the outside, so your rad fans should be in the same direction as the case fans. Also, as someone else stated, Cooler Master's website specifies that the total thickness shouldn't be more than 50mm. Looks like you might be at 55mm with the x62 rad fans on (30mm rad + 25mm fan). I guess you'll find out if Cooler Master has given any breathing room in that measurement when your parts arrive.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Airflow would be as simple as reversing those fans, either set, accordingly.

'50mm without fans', so should be OK since most AIOs use 28-32mm thick radiators and 25mm thick fans - and also since the diagram shows the fans on the inside of the installation.

Jul 25, 2018

I took a look at the case last night and I believe that when they say the radiator shouldn't be more that 50mm thick, it probably refers to radiators with three fans. In the case there is a hole that goes down in the front (probably for a harddrive bay) and my radiator won't be long enough to even reach that whole which I believe is 50mm wide hence the warning about that. I also looked at mounting at the front of the case. Where the current three 120mm fans are they are mounted in the long screw mounting holes, and directly to the side of both of those mounting holes are two are mounting holes going all the way down. I'm assuming and hoping that the other holes are for 140mm fans, and if that is the case I will have a tight, but possible fit of the x62 while being able to keep my fans in the front.

I might honestly just film this entire process and post it on YouTube as I have seen some other people in comment sections wondering the same things. I appreciate the link to the site and information.

Ah, yes, a 360mm rad would reach into that lower area. I see what you're saying. Even if too thick you could still leave out the bottom fan in that case and at least have 3 stock fans outside and 2 inside. The situation looks good for your 280mm rad. Only other thing for you to worry about would be graphics card length, but this guy has a pretty big one in his Masterbox Lite 5: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/XRCbt6

Yeah, I think the 140mm mounting holes should be visible just outside the footprint of the 120mm fans.

Solution
Jul 25, 2018

Wow, that's the exact card Im using (1080 not ti) so this should work perfectly. I really appreciate it. You guys are great lol..

I will still post an update of when I get it just for those who are wondering!

Jul 25, 2018
The time has come, got the Kraken X62 as all set up and it actually worked! I still have the three fans in the front as well as the two 140mm infront of those, sadly the LED's on my front fans don't work as my motherboard I purchased for my new CPU doesn't have a LED pin, but thats all good. Here is the finished build!

https://imgur.com/gallery/Nn4t2DE

ks3w03O.jpg

kvyMg3W.jpg