Need Help Recovering From A Mistake

Aleaxander

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2011
Long story short, I don't know much about computers at all, and I recently got a new graphics card, so I went through uninstalling all Nvidia related things as my new card is not Nvidia. In the midst of this, I uninstalled a pack of Drivers, and unknown to me, this included something called my "MS Bus Controller" driver. Now I do not have one, and I'm very concerned as to what I should do. I try to re-install it, but when I click "Search automatically for updated driver software." it says that it cannot find any software for my device. As I said, not knowing what exactly this is or what it does concerns me very much.

As for my computer, I don't know much about it as I bought it from Best Buy pre-made and everything, and in general am just not all that great with computers. I just know that my model is a Gateway LX6810-01.

Please help, and thank you in advance.

I would go to nvidia's website and type in the specs for your card and let nvidia select a generic driver for your new card. After downloading, you may have to unzip it or use the setup option to install it. These are typically big files to cover a wide variety of brands and card specs. Windows should default to "vga mode" to let you download the nvidia driver package. Also, windows service packs sometimes contain the files. If that doesn't work, you may have to get a driver off gateway's website.