[SOLVED] Need help regarding CM K281 Case and CM Hyper 212x Cooler compatibility with x570 motherboard and 5800x

Avik_b123

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2014
In my current rig, I have the Cooler Master K281 case and Hyper 212X CPU cooler. Now I want to upgrade to the 5800x and an x570 motherboard. WIll the case and the CPU cooler support these?

P.S. Both of the CM items were bought back in early 2013.

Thanks in advance. Peace!

Last edited:
Solution
In my current rig, I have the Cooler Master K281 case and Hyper 212X CPU cooler. Now I want to upgrade to the 5800x and an x570 motherboard. WIll the case and the CPU cooler support these?

The problem will be that you probably don't have the correct AM4 mounting hardware for your cooler.
The case/cooler combo will still fit together. Changing motherboard/CPU won't change the height significantly.
You WILL want to do a clean Windows install when you change motherboards.

kanewolf

Titan

The problem will be that you probably don't have the correct AM4 mounting hardware for your cooler.
The case/cooler combo will still fit together. Changing motherboard/CPU won't change the height significantly.

Reactions: Avik_b123
Solution

Avik_b123

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2014

The only problem was to mount the cooler in the bracket as the cooler's screws were less in height, So I used 4 bolt extenders.

M3-X-10mm-Male-Female-Brass-Hex-Threaded-Pillar-Standoff-Spacer-6-Pcs-1.jpg