Need help regarding disturbingly low fps on brand new pc

Barraboy1

Prominent
Apr 27, 2017
Hey guys, I only just recently bought a new PC after I have had my old one for 6 years and I thought it was time to get a new one due to a variety of problems on my old one. The problem is after getting my new PC custom built, I put my Geforce GTX 1050ti in and installed the drivers and Geforce experience. However I am getting the same if not worse fps then when I was using my old PC, I don't believe its a cooler problem or hardware problem as I have Cam installed and my temps are pretty cool, never seen them go above 40 ish. This problem of "poor performance" I believe is only occurring playing league of legends. I am getting in the low 140's for fps when a game first starts, however after 4 mins or so mins in game, it goes down to 120-100 sometimes hovering at 100, then sometimes dropping to 90.
Here are my system specs:
i5 8600k
ASRock Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming K6 Intel
16gb G.skill Trident Z RGB 3200C
NZXT X52 AIO cooler
Corsair RM650X 650Watt 80Plus Gold Full Modular ATX Power Supply Unit
NZXT H440 Black Case
Geforce GTX 1050TI
Seagate IronWolf NAS 3.5" 2TB
Samsung 860 evo 250gb SSD

So far the only other game I have played on this PC so far is Rust and that is running a lot better then my old PC. I have removed the drivers for the GPU with DDU and reinstalled them, however still getting the same fps. Thank you for any help because I am really anxious if this is a problem with the build/parts or just a program problem.

Solution

Yea that 1050ti would still be holding you back, even with that CPU, in all but the most CPU bound of titles. The 1050ti is only about as fast as a GTX 960 4gb, maybe a GTX 770 4gb, for...

Barraboy1

Prominent
Apr 27, 2017

Yea, the monitor is connected to the card via a dvi cable. I am going to have to do some digging to find the specs for the old PC but if memory serves me well I had 8gb ram, a really old i5 and a asus mobo, as I said I am going to have to search for that, I will try get it by tomorrow as it's going to take me a while to find.

Barraboy1

Prominent
Apr 27, 2017

Yes, "High Performance" has been checked, and I have also check "prefer maximum performance" in the Nvidia control panel.

Barraboy1

Prominent
Apr 27, 2017

No, i triple checked and "optimize" is not selected in Geforce experience, could it be due to me having a 60hz monitor?

Barraboy1

Prominent
Apr 27, 2017
Just played for like 5 mins and noticed that the temp of my GPU never went above 35 and load like 30 i think and cam said the fans are at 0 rpm? is that meant to be the case for the GPU fans being 0 rpm even in a game?

Are you sure the monitor is plugged into the graphics card? Are you running the latest graphics drivers?
Try reseating the graphics card and cables plugged into it.

Barraboy1

Prominent
Apr 27, 2017

There is no pin connector slot on the GPU, The monitor is plugged into the GPU via DVI cable and I did a installation of the latest Nvidia drivers just today.

The first slot for GPU's on my mobo is being blocked by a tube from my water cooler, so getting it in there would be a tight fit, so its in the slot just below that, would that make a difference?

Reseat the card? Run out to best buy or equivalent store. Purchase another one to see if the card is defective. You can always return using the return policy.

Barraboy1

Prominent
Apr 27, 2017

Moved it into the top slot and made sure it was seated properly, just found using msi kombustor the fans are spinning and working properly its just CAM isn't picking it up.
Did a stress test on Kombustor and was hitting around 280 to 310 fps with the GPU temp staying at 55 and below

Barraboy1

Prominent
Apr 27, 2017

So I moved the GPU into the top slot of the mb and also made sure it was seated properly, it doesn't seem to be a hardware problem, I am sort of thinking along the lines of possibly being a issue with a new driver update from Nvidia or some other program problem, could this be the case? I have run a full virus scan and such aswell

Barraboy1

Prominent
Apr 27, 2017

So the old system is:
Intel i5 3570
Asus P8Z77 motherboard
patriot signature 8gb kit
Hitachi Deskstar 2tb HDD
SHAW GT Defence two case
EVO-775 max psu that came with the case
Also originally had a MSI R7770 1gb
but bought the GTX 1050ti about a year and a half ago and its what im using in this build
Once I save up a bit more I am going to maybe get a 1070

Barraboy1

Prominent
Apr 27, 2017

nah, completely new everything, current re-downloading the game. Most likely going to get a better GPU in the future, cause having "better" parts for everything else and then a introductory gaming gpu is kinda stupid, plus then i can put the 1050 back in my old pc and use it when I go over to mates houses.

Barraboy1

Prominent
Apr 27, 2017
Ok, so I have noticed that my CPU and GPU both never go over 35% load, sometimes my CPU is at 25% while GPU 32%, could this be affecting it and if so why and how do I fix? This is while monitoring using CAM, im going to go do a stress test using Kombustor now and see what loads I get.

Well, played CS Death match and got 150fps average with about 40%CPU usage and 60% or so GPU, on Kombustor I got around 300fps with 90%GPU usage and 25%CPU, can someone tell me what this means considering the really low usage on league, does this mean its just a poorly optimized game. However some of my friends are hitting significantly higher fps with a worse CPU, less ram and a similar GPU.

***MOD edit*** Please stop bumping your posts. Edit in new information like I did.
sorry, didn't realize I could do this

Barraboy1

Prominent
Apr 27, 2017

I got it built for my by the company I ordered the parts for, wouldn't they have done that, if not then how do I do this? And how come Kombustor is getting better frames and usage then "actual" games?